Author Topic: Rosebuds roll call  (Read 4669 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Rosebuds roll call
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 02:52:00 pm »
Sadly no...I would have loved to hear more off the first record. Do they have yet another drummer? I thought they had a different guy when they opened for the National. My first time to the Rock'n'Roll Hotel and I have to say that it was pretty cool. Nice space (especially upstairs), decent sound, but I'm glad that it wasn't sold out or else it might have been uncomfortable.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 02:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  Sadly no...I would have loved to hear more off the first record. Do they have yet another drummer? I thought they had a different guy when they opened for the National. My first time to the Rock'n'Roll Hotel and I have to say that it was pretty cool. Nice space (especially upstairs), decent sound, but I'm glad that it wasn't sold out or else it might have been uncomfortable.
I really wanted to hear Bluebird and Warm Where you Lay... but alas, no.

And yes, its a different drummer than last time they headlined the RNR. I had a good time, but I think the last show was better and longer...and there was an 3-song encore. Either way...I'm writing up a review and there will be photos on BYT sometime today.
nothx

BookerT

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 03:30:00 pm »
i left after "big heartbreak," i had my fill by then. i don't need to hear more then 35 minutes from most bands. it always sounds like ivan is saying "going back to ballston" instead of "boston" so when he mentioned galaxy hut before playing that one i chuckled a bit.

i think that was the first on-stage marriage proposal i've seen.

bearman🐻

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 04:44:00 pm »
The only other onstage marriage proposal I've seen was during Travis in 2001 and they dedicated "Flowers In the Window" to the happy couple.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 04:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  The only other onstage marriage proposal I've seen was during Travis in 2001 and they dedicated "Flowers In the Window" to the happy couple.
Yeah I was hoping for 'Warm Where You Lay' or '4-Track Love Song' as a result of the proposal... 'Shake Our Tree' was def. not what I expected to hear though. Ha.
nothx

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 11:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
  I was surprised to see you at Blonde Redhead. Are you really that hip or you pretend to be?

i kid...
:)  

that was my third time seeing blond redhead this year.  as i wrote in my review of the LCD/AF show on randalls island, BR have become a not-to-be-missed band for me.  the first 15 minutes of the show were absolutely sublime, and the last 10 + the encore were pretty solid too.  the middle half of the show was more hit-or-miss, becoming a little too abstract for me at times.  the drummer was incredible, and what's-her-name did this sexy little dance while playing the keyboards that totally worked for me.

DC is truly blessed for having the 930 club.  IMO, the club is one of the best places anywhere to see a live show.  BR was my first time back in almost five months... i felt like i was home.  gawd i love the 930. [/b]
the 9:30 b/r show might have been great, but the real question is did paul banks make an appearance  playing with them? if not - well then the terminal 5 show was insanely better! plus we got the ravonettes playing with them.
HeyLa