Author Topic: Ever gotten hurt in a moshpit (at the 930 club)?  (Read 8375 times)

ggw

Re: Ever gotten hurt in a moshpit (at the 930 club)?
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2005, 04:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by Xavier Bush, Power Forward:
  I had my glasses knocked off and into the pit at a Butthole Surfers show in London in 1989. Had to walk home blind as fuck. Had a spare pair of glasses, but they were stored in an inaccessible suitcase, so had to walk around London blind for a couple of days.
Oh, c'mon Rhett -- you know you are dying to share the Cracker story again.  It's Forum legend!

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2005, 04:21:00 pm »
Yes, I most certainly am. But this would not be the appropriate thread.

I'm really hoping for another Pixies tour, so I can tell the purple haired girl story again.

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

I had my glasses knocked off and into the pit at a Butthole Surfers show in London in 1989. Had to walk home blind as fuck. Had a spare pair of glasses, but they were stored in an inaccessible suitcase, so had to walk around London blind for a couple of days.
Oh, c'mon Rhett -- you know you are dying to share the Cracker story again.  It's Forum legend! [/b]

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2005, 04:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  Back in 1994, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones played with Wax and Face to Face at WUST (now of course the 9:30) and there was no barricade. They were letting kids jump up on stage and do their thing and at ANY given point there were 2 to 6 people diving off the stage. I really couldn't get over how insane it was, but for the most part people were being cool about it and I didn't see any major injuries.

Then of course there was the Jesus and Mary Chain on Halloween, that same year. The older short guy with the moustache and belly (you all know the one...happy guy who always seemed drunk and would show up, jump around with his hands in the air, etc.) was body surfing and then all of a sudden people tossed him up. He flew up and there was nobody to catch him...so he landed on his head (at least from where I was standing that is how it appeared). It caused a flurry of snickers though, that's for sure.
man; i wish i could have seen the Jesus & Mary Chain on Halloween.  lucky.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2005, 04:30:00 pm »
live played my college freshman year. after an all day party, some girl talked me into body surfing. the security were meathead students. the crowd passed me to them and they dropped me and told me, 'stay off the crowd'. nice blokes. the girl of course disappeared

oh, and the girl's line? 'my name is lana. that's anal backwards' i heard she dropped out and became a stripper
o/\o

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2005, 04:35:00 pm »
Body surfing at a Live show. Now that's living on the edge. Sort of like when the crowd started slamdancing at the Big Audio Dynamite show...until Mick Jones told them to cut it out.

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  live played my college freshman year. after an all day party, some girl talked me into body surfing. the security were meathead students. the crowd passed me to them and they dropped me and told me, 'stay off the crowd'. nice blokes. the girl of course disappeared

oh, and the girl's line? 'my name is lana. that's anal backwards' i heard she dropped out and became a stripper

godsshoeshine

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2005, 05:20:00 pm »
  Body surfing at a Live show. Now that's living on the edge. Sort of like when the crowd started slamdancing at the Big Audio Dynamite show...until Mick Jones told them to cut it out.

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:

[/b]
like i said, not my idea
o/\o

Sir HC

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2005, 05:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  Back in 1994, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones played with Wax and Face to Face at WUST (now of course the 9:30) and there was no barricade. They were letting kids jump up on stage and do their thing and at ANY given point there were 2 to 6 people diving off the stage. I really couldn't get over how insane it was, but for the most part people were being cool about it and I didn't see any major injuries.

Then of course there was the Jesus and Mary Chain on Halloween, that same year. The older short guy with the moustache and belly (you all know the one...happy guy who always seemed drunk and would show up, jump around with his hands in the air, etc.) was body surfing and then all of a sudden people tossed him up. He flew up and there was nobody to catch him...so he landed on his head (at least from where I was standing that is how it appeared). It caused a flurry of snickers though, that's for sure.
Was that the show with Mazzy Star?

G.Love

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2005, 05:37:00 pm »
someone pushed me really hard at the original 9:30 on F street during Jesus Jones (free tickets.  It really hurt my feelings.

Sir HC

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2005, 06:02:00 pm »
Well not in the pit but at a Crystal Method show, some girl behind me decided to start punching me in the back.  Weak little punches so I turned around and laughed (no clue why she was doing it, and it was way too loud to ask).

At an Orb show, some girl starting sticking her foot under my heals when I would lift them (no room to really dance, so I was doing the in place heal lift thing).  I kept going forward to get her to stop, but she would follow.  Finally she was bitching to her friends that I was stepping on her feet (such the martyr) and I turned around and told her to stop following me and putting her damn feet under mine.  Her idiot friend goes "Watch out we are from New York".  Again I laughed (they were such twerps).

I didn't bother staph with these as they were not worth the effort but if they escalated I definitely would have.

vansmack

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2005, 06:18:00 pm »
The only place I was ever dropped while crowd surfing was The Chili Cookoff during Our Lady Peace.  Falling on the concrete really hurt my back for months.

During Social D at the 9:30 Club however, I was crowd surfing to "Sick Boy" and I thought I was in for a good fall, but I fell right into the arms of a big, burly tattooed and pierced bouncer who was in the space between the crowd and the stage.  It was easily the warmest embrace I've ever been in - never felt safer and more secure in my life.
27>34

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2005, 09:00:00 pm »
we crowdsurfed a kid in a wheelchair at last year's Chili Cookoff.  definitely a highlight of my life.