Author Topic: front row seats? am i the only one?  (Read 11131 times)

sonickteam2

Re: front row seats? am i the only one?
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2007, 09:14:00 am »
Originally posted by StoneTheCrow:

Originally posted by bnyced0:
 Correction, first FRONT ROW show, my FIRST show was Led Zepplin and Judas Priest,  Kingdome Seattle July 17th, 1977, again Mom hooked me up big time.  

Judas Priest was my favorite band after that for years, had Rob Halford plastered all over my walls, wasn't really clued into the gay thing back then, though in hindsight it's sooooo freekin obvious, heh?! [/b]
I'm confused.  Zeppelin & Priest never played together. [/QB]
judas priest tour dates from 1977

they did play shows with zeppelin.

"Judas Priest did two shows with Led Zeppelin; it was the Bill Graham event DAY ON THE GREEN at the Oakland Coliseum. The true essence of metal came out of those first two dates with Priest in the late '70s - coming out to America for the first time. It was Robert Plant who got us on that bill. He knew that Priest were in town, and he said, 'Get me that band from my home on the bill, I want Priest to open the show'. Those shows were responsible for breaking Priest on the west coast. All the press and international media were at those shows. That was a very pivotal moment for Priest and for metal music."
 - Rob Halford, Hard Radio Shockwaves, 2000

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2007, 09:37:00 am »
4 front rows, all fairly recently after many (25)years of no front rows at all

wilco at merriweather a couple of years ago - it was uncomfortable being that close

ben folds w/bso at Strathmore - too far to stage left to really see ben play the piano

elvis costello w/bso at Strathmore - awesome

fountains of wayne at the hard rock - general admission show - great to be right at stage right

bnyced0

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2007, 09:38:00 am »
Originally posted by StoneTheCrow:

Correction, first FRONT ROW show, my FIRST show was Led Zepplin and Judas Priest,  Kingdome Seattle July 17th, 1977, again Mom hooked me up big time.  

Judas Priest was my favorite band after that for years, had Rob Halford plastered all over my walls, wasn't really clued into the gay thing back then, though in hindsight it's sooooo freekin obvious, heh?! [/b]
I'm confused.  Zeppelin & Priest never played together. [/QB]
You're confused because I confused you, not because Priest never played with Zeppelin.

Backstory, growing up in Tacoma, WA we didn't have professional sports outside of the Supersonics until the Kingdom was built, so the closest NFL & MLB was in Oakland were we had season tickets for the Raiders.  It made sense at the time as my folks met in the Bay area where they were undergrads.

Anyway when they built the Kingdom we got the Seahawks and Mariners, and my folks got season tickets for the Seahawks and along with it priviledges for shows at the venue, and so how/why we were able to go to the Zeppelin show, where JP did not play.

However that following weekend, we went to shows in Oakland where JP along with others played with Zeppelin, again hooked up primarilly because of having season tickets.  

My parents sold out, and became "Seahawkers" shortly after while I'm still a diehard Raiders and A's fan.

Moral of the story, 30 years can play havoc with memories, but I did become Priest fan after those episodes, and they were my introduction to concert going, and I'm obviously still scarred...

True Story.

TheDirector217

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2007, 09:51:00 am »
  True Story.
Bwaaahahahahaha

SalParadise

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2007, 10:34:00 am »
i was front row/center for wu-tang clan @ sunrise musical theatre in '99. first and only time.