Author Topic: ggw's little punk rock brother  (Read 5005 times)

Re: ggw's little punk rock brother
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2004, 05:05:00 pm »
YOUR improper contractions are confusing.

Originally posted by tinygee:

Originally posted by pollard:

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  B. The assertion was that Democrats accept election results and support the President, whereas Republicans get mad and sulk. Close election or not, the results were the results.
unless you thought they were not the results, I don't agree with tinygee but I don't think the fact that people protested counters the assertion

there is a big difference between not liking the incoming president but knowing that he won, and not liking the incoming president and feeling that he was not elected [/b]
so you agree with me pollard if he did think in fact those were the results? you're double negatives are confusing. [/b]

ggw

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2004, 05:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by Random Citizen:
  That guy is on the front page of the Post's website now. Slow news day, I 'spose.
Must be a slow book year as well:

ST. PAUL, Minn. - The final report of the 9/11 Commission led the list of finalists for the National Book Awards announced Wednesday.

hitman

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2004, 12:38:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by Random Citizen:
  That guy is on the front page of the Post's website now. Slow news day, I 'spose.
Must be a slow book year as well:

ST. PAUL, Minn. - The final report of the 9/11 Commission led the list of finalists for the National Book Awards announced Wednesday. [/b]
nothing different from when Kenneth Starr's  report book came out...

Bags

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2004, 04:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
 The vast majority of conservative rhetoric has its roots in domestic agendas, not foreign policy.
And, amazingly, that agenda was for LESS government and LESS government involvement in your life.  Today, they only mean 'less' when they're talking about taxes.  For a few.  The Reps in power today are not traditional conservatives, they're Christian neo-cons.  Very different.

Originally posted by vansmack:
 This election is about more than the invasion of Iraq.  Single issue politics is bad for the nation.
Although this does buy in to the long-lived knee jerk assumption that only Republicans (1) care about defense, (2) will protect our nation, and (3) are tough enough to take on [insert enemy here].

After 9/11, no sitting president is going to scrimp on defense or take defense lightly -- not for the next 20-30 years, certainly.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2004, 04:04:00 pm »
i'm so tempeted to remove the picture at the start of this thread   :p
T.Rex

Bags

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2004, 04:11:00 pm »
PS, I agree that Dems can be as knee jerk as Reps.  While Dems would like to think so, I'm not sure they're more open to conservative ideas than vice versa.  However, I do believe they are more open to other ways of life, other priorities, etc.  Except for libertarian Republicans, who really shouldn't be Republican at all.

I just happen to agree with the liberal jerks....

Did I really say that?   :p

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2004, 04:40:00 pm »
why?

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  i'm so tempeted to remove the picture at the start of this thread    :p  

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2004, 06:08:00 pm »
it annoys me everytime i see his face...
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2004, 06:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  it annoys me everytime i see his face...
They had rotating pictures of the guy on the Post's web site yesterday, and this was the most manly looking of all the pictures.  There was another one where I thought it was a girl everytime I saw it, even after I had read the article.
27>34

Jaguär

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2004, 10:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  Except for libertarian Republicans, who really shouldn't be Republican at all.

I just happen to agree with the liberal jerks....

Did I really say that?      :D        :D        :D    
 You are opening up, Bags!
 Congratulations!

For the most part, most of those type are only registered as Republicans because they still want the privelege of voting in the primaries. In fact, many of them were Dems at one time and got disgusted and that was their means of trying to balance things out as they know how important the primary elections are in the end.

Just to be bi-partisan here, I think GGW has also shown a lot of open mindedness lately too about both of the major candidates. Yes Barcelona, he has lately cited Bush on some negatives and tried to present a fair arguement without being so one-sided.