Author Topic: Re: Mary J. Bilge  (Read 4998 times)

Re: Mary J. Bilge
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2003, 06:13:00 pm »
I admit it. I saw Great White open for Judas Priest in 1984. But believe me, I was there for Judas Priest.

grotty

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2003, 05:15:00 pm »
Rhett - I saw that arena tour also back in the \nn/ days.<P>The singer for Great White looks quite a bit different now...like maybe + 50 lbs.<P>Now you've got a bunch of other clubs coming out saying that Great White used the pyro in other venues either without asking or even after being told no. <P>

ggw

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2003, 05:20:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by grotty:<BR><B>Now you've got a bunch of other clubs coming out saying that Great White used the pyro in other venues either without asking or even after being told no. <BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>A couple of other bands have said that they have used pyrotechnics at the club multiple times, with permission.  Also, pyrotechnics were found stored under the stage at the club.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.eagletribune.com/news/stories/20030222/FP_003.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.eagletribune.com/news/stories/20030222/FP_003.htm[/url] <P>From the Associated Press:<P>Partial glance at Great White's 2003 North American tour and its use of pyrotechnics, according to venue officials and others: <P>-Jan. 9, Palo Alto, Calif.: Great White band did not use pyrotechnics at the Edge Nightclub, according to the club's talent buyer. <P>-Jan. 12, San Diego: Band did not use pyrotechnics during a show at Fourth and B, according to owner. The club requires a fire department permit. <P>-Jan. 18-20, Honolulu: Band did not use pyrotechnics during shows at Gussie L'Amour's, club owner said. <P>-Jan. 23, Glendale Heights, Ill.: Band manager mentioned using pyrotechnics, but Shark City manager said club does not allow them and effects were not used. <P>-Jan. 24, Medina, Minn.: Band did not use pyrotechnics at Medina Entertainment Center, according to venue's general manager. <P>-Jan. 25, Hewitt, Minn.: Great White used "flashpots" at the Checkers Bar. Club booker Brian Hendershot said club was informed in advance. <P>-Jan. 27, Sioux City, Iowa: Great White used pyrotechnics. Dan Lewis, owner of Lewis Bowl & Sports Bar, could not recall whether band sought permission. <P>-Jan. 28, Altoona, Wis.: Band did not use or ask for permission to use pyrotechnics at Evolution, manager said. <P>-Jan. 30, Milwaukee: Band apparently used pyrotechnics, though the Rave club did not have a permit for the effects, said Todd Weiler, spokesman for the Milwaukee Department of Neighborhood Services. <P>-Jan. 31, Lemont, Ill.: Band did not use pyrotechnics at Sean Kaley's, according to bar employee. <P>-Feb. 1, Detroit: Band did not use pyrotechnics at Harpos Concert Theater, club manager said. <P>-Feb. 3, Evansville, Ind.: Band complied with request not to use pyrotechnics at Oxygen, owner said. <P>-Feb. 7, Pinellas Park, Fla.: Band used pyrotechnics without discussing it with concert organizers at the Pinellas Park Expo Center, said Tim Bryant, president of Past to Present Productions. <P>-Feb. 8, Boynton Beach, Fla.: Band complied with request not to use pyrotechnics at Ovation, owner said. <P>-Feb. 10, Atlanta: Band did not use pyrotechnics at The Riviera Club, club production manager said. <P>-Feb. 11, Winston-Salem, N.C.: Officials at Ziggy's Tavern told fire marshal band did not use pyrotechnics. <P>-Feb. 13, Allentown, Pa.: Band used pyrotechnics at the Crocodile Rock Cafe without notice, owner Joe Clark said. <P>-Feb. 14, Asbury Park, N.J.: Band used pyrotechnics at the Stone Pony without telling club officials, owner Domenic Santana said. <P>-Feb. 15, Wantagh, N.Y.: Employee from Mulcahy's declined comment. <P>-Feb. 18, Bangor, Maine: Band used pyrotechnics at Russell's without notice, according to lawyer for club's owner.<BR>

bikerchickdc

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2003, 09:22:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by poorlulu:<BR><B><BR>wrap yourself up in duct tape and plastic sheeting and stay at home?...........nah i'll take my chances at the shows.....</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The *real* reason the Government wanted you to buy all that duct tape was so you could duct tape your empty cereal box to a stick and build a snow shovel.<P>