Author Topic: Re: Mary J. Bilge  (Read 5000 times)

Sir HC

Re: Mary J. Bilge
« on: February 21, 2003, 12:55:00 pm »
At the 9:30?  No, pretty much a concrete structure, the backdrop is theater grade and flame-proof.  If you watch the video, the pyro is going off with a ceiling maybe 5 feet over and a flamable backing on the wall.  <P>Same holds true for the Black Cat, no real feeling for other clubs.

poorlulu

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 01:03:00 pm »
are you sure about the blackcat?  i get the feeling it could go up like a big torch......probably because of the low ceilings.......and eggboxes (i mean state of the art soundproofing) all over the roof.<P>i think it would be scarier to exit those places in an emergency..........it takes ages to leave 9.30 after a show at the best of times...........and the stairs at the blackcat are bad enough without a panic to leave.......<P>ah well but what are the options ..........wrap yourself up in duct tape and plastic sheeting and stay at home?...........nah i'll take my chances at the shows.....<BR>

ggw

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 02:39:00 pm »
<A HREF="http://www.jaxxroxx.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.jaxxroxx.com[/url] <P><BR>"We do not know what will happen to the show tonight yet (in the wake of last night's tragic fire in RI), as soon as we know we will let you know. <B>Rest assured that Jaxx is safe and completely up to code.</B> Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in RI and in the Great White Family."

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 02:56:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by poorlulu:<BR><B>i think it would be scarier to exit those places in an emergency..........it takes ages to leave 9.30 after a show at the best of times</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>we've got a plan designed to get people out quickly, calmly, and safely in the event of an emergency that involves multiple exits.  it would be considerably faster than leaving at the end of a show.<BR>

Sir HC

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2003, 02:59:00 pm »
That is true, in the video there seems to be no security at the club which makes it harder to have an orderly exiting.  And no sprinklers were there, I do know the 9:30 has those, and they do work...

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2003, 03:01:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir HC:<BR><B>And no sprinklers were there, I do know the 9:30 has those, and they do work...</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yeah, just ask pcp roadblock.

Metal Meltdown

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2003, 03:05:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thatguy:<BR><B> yeah, just ask pcp roadblock.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>and dont forget the immortal Retardobot 3000 or whatever those jackasses called themselves that opened for the Genitorturers

chills

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2003, 03:08:00 pm »
perhaps it was just part of a Great White fan-cleansing conspiracy.<P>Seems like a reasonable cause to me.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2003, 03:10:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Metal Meltdown:<BR><B> and dont forget the immortal Retardobot 3000 or whatever those jackasses called themselves that opened for the Genitorturers</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>as dumb as those guys were, they didn't actually set off the sprinklers.  they got hosed by our fire extinguishers, though.

ggw

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2003, 03:17:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir HC:<BR><B>That is true, in the video there seems to be no security at the club which makes it harder to have an orderly exiting.  And no sprinklers were there, I do know the 9:30 has those, and they do work...</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>They mentioned in some of the news stories that there were other exits at the nightclub but that everyone seemed to want to go out the way they came in.

Sir HC

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2003, 03:48:00 pm »
At the 9:30 when the fire alarm goes off (as when Retardobot 2000 played...) lights flash at all the fire exits so that you can see that they are there.  Also with staff telling people the way to go, that will help.

Fico

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2003, 05:04:00 pm »
Too many Bands with the "White" in their name has me confused..<P>White Snake: the band with the videos of Tawny Katain (sp?) on lingerie on top of a Jaguar and then making out with David Coverdale.. oh and the guitarist that would like his guitar..<P>WHite Stripes: the horribly boring band with 2 siblings/ex-couple/clones ..<P>and then there's White Lion and Great White... I remember having the cassette of the band that played "When the Children Cry" and "Wait" ..but I can't remember which of the "White's" it was... anyone know?

paige

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2003, 05:13:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir HC:<BR><B>At the 9:30 when the fire alarm goes off (as when Retardobot 2000 played...) lights flash at all the fire exits so that you can see that they are there.  Also with staff telling people the way to go, that will help.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yet another reason why 930 is my favorite.

Ikarus

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2003, 05:49:00 pm »
the alarming thing is that there were 240 people in attendance to get hurt and/or killed at a great white show.<P>they could've saved a few bucks and some time by huffing some testor's orange in a brown paper bag while listening to "twice bitten" or whatever.

Dandy01

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2003, 06:03:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fico:<BR><B>Too many Bands with the "White" in their name has me confused..<P>White Snake: the band with the videos of Tawny Katain (sp?) on lingerie on top of a Jaguar and then making out with David Coverdale.. oh and the guitarist that would like his guitar..<P>WHite Stripes: the horribly boring band with 2 siblings/ex-couple/clones ..<P>and then there's White Lion and Great White... I remember having the cassette of the band that played "When the Children Cry" and "Wait" ..but I can't remember which of the "White's" it was... anyone know?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>that would be White Lion..<BR>