Author Topic: Elephant 6 bands  (Read 3297 times)

Re: Elephant 6 bands
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2003, 03:22:00 pm »
Has anybody heard the Summer Hymns? not an Elephant 6 band, but not entirely a different kettle of fish.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2003, 03:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  Kosmo, I was there that show and fully agree.  I ended up doing monitors because of all the problems they caused (by not showing up until doors and the rest).  I saw them before there with the Lilys opening for them and they were great.  They sold paintings by the dude who did their album cover (and Pavement's) for $4 each.  I have two over the stereo.
the other thing about that show i couldn't understand was the lenghty conversation the apple in stereo's leader had with some person who was up against the stage before the band came on for their set.  shouldn't that have been after the show?  and i've never seen a more rabid scarier set of fans in such a small space before.  

some indie pop is great, but so much of its horrible because it's played "earnestly".
T.Rex

Sir HC

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2003, 03:52:00 pm »
He talked to me about the monitors, don't think that was the one you had in mind.  He just was not singing loud.  Overall I think they were too much in baby mode as they had their baby on tour with them...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2003, 04:03:00 pm »
it appeared to be a fan and it was between the time they setup their equipment and before the band came back on to their set... all i know for sure took is apple in stereo took their time about getting on stage that night.
T.Rex

Chip Chanko

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2003, 04:09:00 pm »
I love the Minders...especially "Hooray for Tuesday" and their 7" collection "Cul de Sacs and Dead Ends." The summer I got "Cul de Sacs..." I couldn't stop listening to it. It's as catchy as Mike Piazza in a double header.

Chip Chanko

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2003, 04:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Has anybody heard the Summer Hymns?
Rhett...I think you'd really like the new Summer Hymns (Clemency). It has a country tinge to it.

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2003, 04:20:00 pm »
Thanks Chip, I think I may seek it out.

Originally posted by Chip Chanko:

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Has anybody heard the Summer Hymns?
Rhett...I think you'd really like the new Summer Hymns (Clemency). It has a country tinge to it. [/b]