Author Topic: what do you think about Culture club?  (Read 5490 times)

markie

Re: what do you think about Culture club?
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2003, 12:46:00 pm »
Thanks Yank,

I figured the coral would grow on me. It was just more love at first listen with the first.

So did the libertines do crazy stuff? Or just hammer out the songs. I think those songs should sound great live.

I got the thrills album the other day. Its errr odd. They make starsailor seem butch and turn coldplay into the A-team.

bungle bud

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2003, 06:26:00 pm »
house of love cds-babe rainbow,audience with the mind+guy chadwicks solo cd and loads of cd singles, i shall bring rising for sunset and libertine-gene for your better half.

Jaguär

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2003, 09:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:
  I got the thrills album the other day. Its errr odd. They make starsailor seem butch and turn coldplay into the A-team.
Markie, I warned you months and months ago that The Thrills fucking suck! In fact, I call them The Shits.

markie

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2003, 10:32:00 pm »
Bungle its the first and second albums I miss. I didnt really like the later albums although I would love to borrow his solo album.

What can I bring you?

Jaguar,

the thrills are not that bad its just a bit strange having an Irish band sing about Santa Cruz and San Diego. There are some pretty tunes there though. Its fine summer popness.

Jaguär

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2003, 12:02:00 am »
  Jaguar,

the thrills are not that bad its just a bit strange having an Irish band sing about Santa Cruz and San Diego. There are some pretty tunes there though. Its fine summer popness.
Well, yeah, that's one of the areas that you and I draw the line. You love Pop and I can't stand it. Oh, well.

Yank

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2003, 02:13:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguär:

Jaguar,

Well, yeah, that's one of the areas that you and I draw the line. You love Pop and I can't stand it. Oh, well. [/b]
There are some pop bands that I really like a lot.  The Thrills aren't one of them though.  Most of the people at the concert really liked The Thrills.  If you ever hear the singer talk, he has the slightest of an Irish accent.  They definitely want to be an American band.

Markie, the Libertines played a pretty straight forward set.  The guitarist filling in for Pete did a get job.  They reminded me of The Jam when I saw them years ago...and that's a good thing!

bungle bud

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2003, 09:25:00 am »
young man bring me mull historical society.

markie

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2003, 09:37:00 am »
Ah Yank, you lucky bastard seeing the Jam. Between you and Mankie you have probably seen most of the early 80s acts that I love, but was too young for. Could Paul Weller actually sing back then?

As for you Bungle, MHS, US is in mmy wee baggie ready to go. Anything else?

bungle bud

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2003, 09:43:00 am »
just you in your sexy pants  ;)   thats what you wanted me to say...isnt it.

Yank

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2003, 12:15:00 pm »
  Ah Yank, you lucky bastard seeing the Jam. Between you and Mankie you have probably seen most of the early 80s acts that I love, but was too young for. Could Paul Weller actually sing back then?

As for you Bungle, MHS, US is in mmy wee baggie ready to go. Anything else?
Weller was in fine form when I saw them.  It was the last American tour (The Gift).  They played at the University of Maryland in some small gymnasium.