Author Topic: Weekend roll call  (Read 4243 times)

ggw

Re: Weekend roll call
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 10:21:00 pm »
I was at the Ponys show as well.  I only caught the tail-end of the Black Lips which was great.  I thought the Ponys were great.  

I noticed the volume too, and was very happy with it.  The last couple of shows I've seen at the Black Cat have been too quiet.

Darth Ed

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 11:07:00 pm »
I think the sound quality at the Black Cat is usually better when there isn't quite as much volume. I know I had difficulty making out the lyrics for both the Black Lips and the Ponys due to some muddy sound.

What's up with Black Cat audiences anymore? Only like 6 people applauded after the Ponys' set. No wonder we didn't an encore. This is the third show in a row at the Black Cat that I've been to that hasn't had an encore, likely due to the anemic audience applause.

Bags

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 11:15:00 pm »
I was at Ponys, Black Lips.  I thought the Ponys were great.  Note that I'm 'new' to them -- downloaded the new album from eMusic, but haven't listened to it.

I also enjoyed Black Lips (I knew 3 guys who'd come up from Richmond to see them).  I liked the Ponys better; to me the Black Lips had songs I loved, and songs that didn't grab me much.  Of the two, I enjoyed the Ponys more.  

Still, really good Saturday night B.C. show.

I know nothing of this RJD2.  Isn't that a character from Star Wars??  :cool:

Darth Ed

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 11:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  I was at Ponys, Black Lips.  I thought the Ponys were great.  Note that I'm 'new' to them -- downloaded the new album from eMusic, but haven't listened to it.
I had Celebration Castle and Laced with Romance, but I didn't have their latest, so I was also wishing they played more songs from their first two albums.

I also enjoyed Black Lips (I knew 3 guys who'd come up from Richmond to see them).  I liked the Ponys better; to me the Black Lips had songs I loved, and songs that didn't grab me much.  Of the two, I enjoyed the Ponys more.
I probably did too. The Black Lips were fun and easy to dance, too, but some of their songs fell a little flat.

I know nothing of this RJD2.  Isn't that a character from Star Wars??   :)

Darth Ed

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 11:44:00 pm »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 02:22:00 am »
‼‼?‼‼

alex

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 08:27:00 am »
Reverend Horton Heat/Murder By Death/The Tossers at the Recher on Friday, then Drag the River at RnR Hotel last night!

terry

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 09:01:00 am »
Holly Golightly and the Brokeoffs at Iota on Friday.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 09:22:00 am »
Saturday I participated in Shutdown Day which encouraged people to do without computers for the day...
T.Rex

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 09:32:00 am »
Well if we're listing non-music things, yesterday I ran nine miles, did yardwork, and put together furniture while watching NASCAR and the Hoyas. So rock and roll!

kcjones119

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2007, 11:26:00 am »
Went to see Ponys at the Ottobar on Friday.  Only about 40-50 people there total, most left after Black Lips.  Both bands were really good, but I felt bad for the Ponys.  They played most of the new album and I think 2 from Laced with Romance for about 15 people.

eltee

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2007, 11:37:00 am »
Did anyone see Winterpills at Iota?

Bags

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2007, 12:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by nonameface:
  Did anyone see Winterpills at Iota?
I wanted to see this but was Ponying it up.  I liked their SXSW MP3 and had them on my list to catch if it worked in to my schedule.  It didn't.  Would be interested to hear how their show was...