Author Topic: Weekend roll call  (Read 4245 times)

Vas Deferens

Weekend roll call
« on: March 24, 2007, 01:56:00 pm »
Sorry if it's late...what did you see yesterday and seeing this weekend?  :)
(_|_)

azaghal1981

Re: Weekend roll call
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 02:28:00 pm »
My weekend started and ended with battles.
احمد

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 03:25:00 pm »
Ponys tonight.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 07:52:00 pm »
RJD2

eh.
‼‼?‼‼

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 07:55:00 pm »
I heard the RJD2 show sucked...
(_|_)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 08:04:00 pm »
it was a little disappointing.

he should have stuck to the tables, an hour dance set is kinda weak. Although he played everthing i wanted him to play and the acoustic encore was nice.
‼‼?‼‼

azaghal1981

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 09:13:00 pm »
I had an rjd2  ticket that I couldn't get rid of and the reviews I read were consistently not very favorable. I decided to still go see battles and let the rjd2 ticket go to waste. Very happy with my decision.
احمد

lbcardoni

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 10:08:00 pm »
SSPU today in Record and tape Traders, then picked up tickets to the Recher Show then to Golden West for lunch...thats it

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 10:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  I had an rjd2  ticket that I couldn't get rid of and the reviews I read were consistently not very favorable. I decided to still go see battles and let the rjd2 ticket go to waste. Very happy with my decision.
if you had made it to the club there was about 25-35 people looking for tickets.
‼‼?‼‼

azaghal1981

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 10:47:00 pm »
Did it end up selling out? I did think about swinging by and dropping it off but thought there would be plenty left and that everyone who wanted one had one and that it would've just been too much of a hassle. Ahh well.

I was surprised at the relatively low turnout for Battles.
احمد

Random Citizen

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 01:56:00 am »
Originally posted by DeathFromAbove1979:
  RJD2

eh.
By any chance, did you arrive early to see Happy Chichester? If so, how was he?

RJD2 et al. are coming to Portland in May. The only reason I'm planning to go is to see Happy perform. I wish he and Greg Dulli would work together again if only because it would allow him to tour more frequently.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 09:48:00 am »
Originally posted by Random Citizen PDX:

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove1979:
  RJD2

eh.
By any chance, did you arrive early to see Happy Chichester? If so, how was he?

RJD2 et al. are coming to Portland in May. The only reason I'm planning to go is to see Happy perform. I wish he and Greg Dulli would work together again if only because it would allow him to tour more frequently. [/b]
Naw, i checked the opening groups mspaces and wasnt really interested/in the mood foropening bands, we walked through the door right at 11:30 and RJ was getting into his first song.
‼‼?‼‼

Tom Servo

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 11:39:00 am »
I'm just getting around to grabbing some picks out of the new music thread.  It looks like I'm going to regret not noticing that Ponys show at Black Cat last night.  Did anyone go?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 03:33:00 pm »
I went. The Ponys played for about an hour with no encore even though the audience wanted more. They were ten times louder live than on record. I expected songs from Celebration Castle but I don't think they played any. They must have played the entire new album, which is quite a departure from the previous record. There were moments of greatness, but overall just an average performance.

On the other hand, the Black Lips opened and were very, very impressive. They played 40 minutes of euphoric garage-pop songs that made people dance. Many people in the audience were there just for them. It was great to hear "Buried Alive" and "Dirty Hands" back to back. The funniest part is seeing the lead singer catch his own spit several times...

Originally posted by Tom Servo:
  I'm just getting around to grabbing some picks out of the new music thread.  It looks like I'm going to regret not noticing that Ponys show at Black Cat last night.  Did anyone go?
(_|_)

Darth Ed

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 08:11:00 pm »
I was there, too, and I agree with what Joe said. The Ponys were much louder than I expected, not that there there's a problem with that. The Black Lips were a lot of fun. Good show, but not great.