Author Topic: Halo 2 Roll Call  (Read 4870 times)

ratioci nation

Re: Halo 2 Roll Call
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2004, 02:41:00 pm »
I love the game, and I have not even touched the campaign yet.  Didnt sleep much for those first 24 hours, maybe I will get to the campaign by this weekend.

ggw

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2004, 03:04:00 pm »
geeks....

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2004, 03:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  geeks....
So you don't play ggwâ?¢?

vansmack

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2004, 03:33:00 pm »
There was a crowd at my house for most of the night, so I haven't even been able to play online yet (we closed up shop around 2 AM).

We did the campaign cooperative for most of the night and are about ten levels into it as well.

We played a lot of four player split screens, and most of the maps are thus far proving to be a bit too big for the 4 player on one x-box style, but I bet they are kick ass online and on linked systems.  We really enjoyed running around Zanzibar for CTF and Slayer and the Ivory Tower  map with the palm tress was kick ass too.  The snow map was a bit large.  (sorry, the names have escaped me on 4 hours sleep).

I too love snaking vehicles and am struggling mightily to get used to double wielding and not being able to use grenades, a stalwart of a dying multiplayer.  They made a decent effort to even the sides with covenant and human vehicles and weapons.

The new Covenant weapons are sweet.  I was kicking ass with the new beam rifle until somone found something called a Brute Shot, and then it was all over.  There was general agreement that the Pistol needed to be scaled down because of the dual wielding capabilities of such a powerful weapon.  

And finally, the needler gets the respect it deserves!
27>34

Medic

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2004, 04:24:00 pm »
HALO 2 is a blast- the XBL is FANTASTICO! Sorry for the no-so-in-depth review, but I've been playing for16 hours virtually nonstop.
 GamerTag: MaximumTRAUMA
 See you online!

Ikarus

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2004, 05:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by marquee smith:

I've never played any PC games online.  The AI has always been difficult-enough for me.  I don't feel the need to get my middle aged ass served to me on a platter by some goddamned 14 year old, cheese eating, computer whiz kid from Des Moines, or Grand Rapids, or Brasilia, or wherever...thank you very much! [/b]

yeh, it does kinda suck getting called a "f4gg0t n00b" by a preteen...but fight fire by changing your nick to campingpussy, grab a sniper rifle and set up a tent.  nothing like being a ho online.

RonniStar

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2004, 04:41:00 pm »
Last Saturday, I was at the Halo 2 premiere party. It's an incredible game. It took me a while to get use to it. I like the multi-player cause it gives you a chance to your opponent wiped out.

Ikarus

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2004, 03:36:00 am »
btw (embarassed i missed the post yesterday):

we miss you medic!  hope the big bad shitty is treating you alright.

vansmack

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2004, 05:57:00 am »
Originally posted by pollard:
  gamertag = magearwhig
VansmackCA
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2004, 01:26:00 pm »
Despite getting my ass handed to me for the better part of 2 hours last night/this morning, the online game play is the by far the way to go.

After we completed the campaign, the fellas took off so I had time to set up the wireless connection so smackette wouldn't have a canniption.  For the most part, I didn't see a lag time on the game play, but the voice wasn't all that great, but to me that's no big loss.  It could be like that over a wired network for all I know.  It was kind of like listening to Markie after a few beers.

Finding a game in the training room wasn't a problem, even at 2 AM PT.  On the bigger maps I did some investigation for the most part, like thatguy was saying.  On the smaller maps I did some fragging and got whipped pretty badly.  There's a big difference between having 4 guys in a room playing each other and 8-16 guys running around - 10 times the action.

I noticed that you can have more than one guy online with just one x-box, which means that I should be online a lot more often, even when the fellas are over.  We'll probably never do the 4 player multiplayer again!  It's all about live now.

Last note:  Microsoft is reporting $125 Million in receipts for day one.  That's just a ridiculous number!
27>34

ratioci nation

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2004, 01:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  Despite getting my ass handed to me for the better part of 2 hours last night/this morning, the online game play is the by far the way to go.

After we completed the campaign, the fellas took off so I had time to set up the wireless connection so smackette wouldn't have a canniption.  For the most part, I didn't see a lag time on the game play, but the voice wasn't all that great, but to me that's no big loss.  It could be like that over a wired network for all I know.  It was kind of like listening to Markie after a few beers.

Finding a game in the training room wasn't a problem, even at 2 AM PT.  On the bigger maps I did some investigation for the most part, like thatguy was saying.  On the smaller maps I did some fragging and got whipped pretty badly.  There's a big difference between having 4 guys in a room playing each other and 8-16 guys running around - 10 times the action.

I noticed that you can have more than one guy online with just one x-box, which means that I should be online a lot more often, even when the fellas are over.  We'll probably never do the 4 player multiplayer again!  It's all about live now.

Last note:  Microsoft is reporting $125 Million in receipts for day one.  That's just a ridiculous number!
I have just been starting the campaign.  The multiplayer is great though.  But you can only play custom games when you have a guest on your xbox, which means you have to find all the people to play the game with you.  You can't have a match setup for you with a guest.  But I think we could find enough people to get some good games going.  

The most annoying thing to me is the lack of slayer games when you have multiple people in a party.  They come up occasionally but really the only way to get slayer is to play rumble pit games.

vansmack

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2004, 01:45:00 pm »
  I have just been starting the campaign.  The multiplayer is great though.  But you can only play custom games when you have a guest on your xbox, which means you have to find all the people to play the game with you.  You can't have a match setup for you with a guest.  But I think we could find enough people to get some good games going.  
I didn't realize that.  That could make game play a bit difficult during the week, especially with our time difference.  I haven't really spent a lot of time with the multiplayer setup so I'll work more on it tonight to see what you're talking about.

I was really only going to test the connection last night in the training room, and 2 hours later I crawled into bed.  Of those games I played, there was only one slayer game (team) in the bunch - everything else was capture the flag and the bomb game.

How many guests can I have on one box?  I don't think it will be a problem for me to have 2-3 guys just about everytime I play.
27>34

ratioci nation

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2004, 02:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
 I didn't realize that.  That could make game play a bit difficult during the week, especially with our time difference.  I haven't really spent a lot of time with the multiplayer setup so I'll work more on it tonight to see what you're talking about.

I was really only going to test the connection last night in the training room, and 2 hours later I crawled into bed.  Of those games I played, there was only one slayer game (team) in the bunch - everything else was capture the flag and the bomb game.

How many guests can I have on one box?  I don't think it will be a problem for me to have 2-3 guys just about everytime I play.
I started to play at 10 last night and meant to just for an hour, but played until 1:15

I think you can have 3 guests, it would be best if you could have guests sign in to their xbox live account, but not sure if that is possible, it may be setup to be 1 xbox live acount per xbox.  I have not looked in to it too much yet but it ruins some of the social aspect of people playing in the same room.

ratioci nation

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2004, 02:42:00 pm »
and have you seen this?

http://bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStats.aspx?player=VansmackCA

just replace your gamertag with anybody elses and you can see the stats for games they have played, including results of every game they have played, great way to be a stalker  ;)

vansmack

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2004, 02:49:00 pm »
  and have you seen this?
That's just emabrrassing.  

I think I'll do more playing and less looking around online next time.
27>34