Author Topic: The D. Plan show - sold out?  (Read 3464 times)

ggw

Re: The D. Plan show - sold out?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2003, 02:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  Math time.  Assume that there were 1000 people there, at $10 a head, that is $10,000.  So for sound, what $200 a show?  And not too many bands are actually paid, so that one show could well cover all expenses for next years concerts.
How about insurance?  I would think the organizers would need to post some sort of bond or something for the use of the park and to indemnify DC against some mishap.  I mean, DC has the highest density of attorneys in the world, doesn't it?

Sir HC

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2003, 02:37:00 pm »
I don't know if they have to as they are (or at least were) part of the ANC for that area and so were in effect a part of the city government.  I do think things changed and they no longer get any funding from the city but the place is still a city park so maybe the city covers for it.  Otherwise that could well be the biggest chuck of change.

chknfngrs

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2003, 02:37:00 pm »
I think the sound at Ft Reno was pretty good this year, all things considered. was that guy paid to do what he did? Nice. Maybe he'll be back next year. Good work on your math. Ft Reno should be year round. Or at least later into the fall.

Longer season=more bands

Jaguär

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2003, 02:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by Sir HC:
  Math time.  Assume that there were 1000 people there, at $10 a head, that is $10,000.  So for sound, what $200 a show?  And not too many bands are actually paid, so that one show could well cover all expenses for next years concerts.
How about insurance?  I would think the organizers would need to post some sort of bond or something for the use of the park and to indemnify DC against some mishap.  I mean, DC has the highest density of attorneys in the world, doesn't it? [/b]
Ggw sniffing out a job in the music industry.   :p

Sir HC

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2003, 03:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by chknfngrs:
  I think the sound at Ft Reno was pretty good this year, all things considered. was that guy paid to do what he did? Nice. Maybe he'll be back next year. Good work on your math. Ft Reno should be year round. Or at least later into the fall.

Longer season=more bands
Sound there has always been paid for by Ft. Reno.  You don't get people to do that for free that much.  I used to work for the sound company that used to do the shows, but they got out of the business and passed on the gig to another guy.  Didn't go this year, so can't critique the sound other than to say usually the limit was the neighbors' complaints.