Author Topic: Will Kings of Leon sell out?  (Read 5007 times)

ggw

Re: Will Kings of Leon sell out?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2003, 10:37:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  so whats the word on The 22s, warming up for Supergrass...
I think that's a good fit.

allmy$to930

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2003, 10:39:00 am »
I thought the Kings of Leon sounded great. Good raunchy southern blues/rock.

However, they were on stage for a total of 42 minutes and did not play an encore.

Bags

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2003, 11:16:00 am »
Originally posted by allmy$to930:

However, they were on stage for a total of 42 minutes and did not play an encore.
Is it just me, or does this seem to be getting more prevalent of late?

sparky

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2003, 12:41:00 pm »
it sure is, but that's what happens when a band get overhyped like crazy and starts headlining shows when they don't even have a full hour's worth of material.

or 10 minutes worth of GOOD material.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2003, 03:18:00 pm »
I loved the 22-20s. Just my kind of music -blues rock and raw. I didn't realize the lead singer was such a snazzy guitar player. And they are all nice guys as well. I will let Jaguar elaborate on our encounter with them. But I really look forward to seeing them again. (An Immortal Lee County Killers II + 22-20s tour would be superb.)

I wasn't into Jet. They were tight and strong, but they had no heart. Except for their single, I was a little bored.

I left before Kings of Leon...

Jaguär

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2003, 05:48:00 am »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
  I loved the 22-20s. Just my kind of music -blues rock and raw. I didn't realize the lead singer was such a snazzy guitar player. And they are all nice guys as well. I will let Jaguar elaborate on our encounter with them. But I really look forward to seeing them again. (An Immortal Lee County Killers II + 22-20s tour would be superb.)

I wasn't into Jet. They were tight and strong, but they had no heart. Except for their single, I was a little bored.

I left before Kings of Leon...
LOLOLOLOL. I think I'll just let everyone wonder about our little encounter with the 22-20s. They were pretty good and show a lot of potential. Besides the Detroit Garage sound, they also reminded me a lot of very early Clapton/Paige/Mayall and other British Blues legends. Not quite the caliber but the same sort of sound.

Jet, like Kurosawa said, were competent but not my kind of music in the very least. I kept thinking of Humble Pie and other similar early 70s music during their set. Never liked that stuff then and don't like it now.

Kings Of Leon were better than I expected them to be but not my thing. As GGW said, they were too samey, which was probably their biggest flaw. I did like them better than Jet but still can't say that I like them. They started out okay but kept repeating the same themes. The few times they sounded different were during a couple slower pieces which did nothing for me. They do sound much better live than on record. I was actually glad that there was no encore because I had had my fill by then.

A few of the people in the crowd looked like they were cleaned up and wearing their Sunday John Deere best.

ggw

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2003, 10:02:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  so whats the word on The 22s, warming up for Supergrass...
So the 22s are completely different from the 22-20s.  I don't know what's up with kids these days and their crazy band names.....

http://www.popmatters.com/music/concerts/t/twenty-twos-030729.shtml