Author Topic: New Irish Pub Opening Directly Across from 9:30 Club  (Read 4174 times)

Re: New Irish Pub Opening Directly Across from 9:30 Club
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2006, 08:56:00 am »
But I go to happy hours in other cities, and I can find happy hours specials on inports.

For example, I was in the Belltown (yuppie) section of Seattle and went into a random bar, and they had pitchers of Guinness, Bass, etc. going for $10. Where can I find that in DC?

Originally posted by Shadrach:

Originally posted by Chaz Nakatestes, Breaststroking Guy:
  Why is it this and so many other DC bars only seem to feature shit beer (e.g. Budweiser) on special at happy hour?
I'm surprised that you even have to ask this, but let me see if I can explain. There's something in business called a profit margin. In order to justify reducing prices you need to be able to make back what you're spending and still turn enough of a profit to make money. It's far less expensive to buy Bud and Miller Lite in bulk than it is to buy any of the craft beers. So you sell the crap beer cheap in hopes that people will come in and spend money on food and maybe liquor and maybe even better beer. It's a concept that's been around forever. At least itâ??s better than the old bait and switch, youâ??re getting what they advertise. [/b]

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2006, 09:06:00 am »
Originally posted by Chaz Nakatestes, Breaststroking Guy:
 For example, I was in the Belltown (yuppie) section of Seattle and went into a random bar, and they had pitchers of Guinness, Bass, etc. going for $10. Where can I find that in DC?
one block over at DC9, happy hour is $1 off of everything, if i remember correctly, and it runs real late ... the "classic" happy hour in DC is $2 coronas at front page ... there are plenty of "all you can drink" happy hours around the city, most of which you can get top shelf and premium beers ... didn't ontap used to have a list of all the DC happy hours?  i'm sure you'd see some import beers on there
(o|o)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2006, 09:06:00 am »
you sure do complain alot about DC...

didn't once upon a time On Tap have a listing of what happy hour specials were available?  i have a dim memory of some such thing..

and honestly you are better sending a query about happy hour stuff to the Going Out Gurus or Ask DCist...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2006, 09:07:00 am »
great minds think alike..
T.Rex

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2006, 09:12:00 am »
Of course I do a lot of complaining about DC. That's where I live (more or less). Why would I complain about some other city I don't even live in?