Author Topic: Ray vs. Noise Against  (Read 4424 times)

nkotb

Re: Ray vs. Noise Against
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2005, 11:26:00 am »
I almost forgot NKOTB's Star Report;

Obviously, Kim and Thurston were walking around the floor the entire night, but the surprise celebrity of the evening was Crist Novoselic, standing next to me at the bar.  He appeared to stand around 9 feet tall.

Originally posted by econo:
  I think Kim Gordon set the standard on this one.  

Originally posted by nkotbie:
 Girls in noise bands = Surprisingly cute.
[/b]

eltee

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2005, 11:27:00 am »
I thought that even as I typed. Thanks for clarifying.

thirsty moore

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2005, 11:29:00 am »
Well done.

Obviously, Kim and Thurston were walking around the floor the entire night, but the surprise celebrity of the evening was Crist Novoselic, standing next to me at the bar.  He appeared to stand around 9 feet tall.

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2005, 11:31:00 am »
Was he campaigning for office?

I think Kim Gordon set the standard on this one.  

Girls in noise bands = Surprisingly cute.
[/b]
[/b]

nkotb

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2005, 11:38:00 am »
I thought I remembered hearing he was running for something, but I didn't notice any billboards or advertisements for his campaign.  Of course, I kind of stopped looking after the 12th Get our Troops Out of Iraq NOW leaflets I was handed.  

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:

thirsty moore

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2005, 11:51:00 am »
Sigh, I don't receive leaflets or flyers anymore.

Epstein

• http://www.hit-dat.com
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2005, 12:31:00 pm »
eh the kim/thuston project was a total sham, it wasnt intence at all, it souned like a outtake of the 1000 leaves session, just boring to me, everyone ate it up, there were about 20 people behind me there to see just them and they were going nuts. thurston and kim could fart on a snare drum and people would buy it and 5000 people were taking pictures like it was a press confrence.

that being said 26 bitch pile up, magik markers, nautical almanac were all amazing, magik markers were def the highlight for me. also the suprise were (forgot the band name) the drummer cris, and sax player paul, which at first I thought was peter brotzmann, still really good none the less.

now if only sword heaven and the new flesh would have played, it would have been perfect

but yeah was sorta glad lightning bolt didnt play after all
Kill the sound: <A HREF="Http://www.hit-dat.com" TARGET=_blank>http://Http://www.hit-dat.com[/url]

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 12:35:00 pm »
  Sigh, I don't receive leaflets or flyers anymore.
Yeah, I know the feelin'. Whenever there are flyer hander-outers outside the student union at UMCP, they ignore me, especially the ones pimping nightclubs with names like "Fur", "Limo", "Diamond", "[fill in overused word associated with ostentatious appearance of imagined wealth]", etc. 'Course, I wouldn't be going anyway...  :p
😐 🎶

Captain Jack

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2005, 01:28:00 pm »
The New Flesh are sweet.

jardison

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2005, 01:47:00 pm »
The Noise Against Fascism show was like watching a tug-of-war battle between Urkel and Mike Tyson.  Some bands were REALLY, REALLY SUCKED.  And others were pretty decent.  Magik Markers, Mirror/Dash, Corsano/Flaherty, and TLASILA were all good.  The others were offensively terrible!  By the time TLASILA reached the stage almost all of them almost all of them, with the exception of Thurston, seemed totally butthoused.  The singer Tim?? was reading lyrics while he was not falling all over himself, Rat (the dude with the black hat)?? was stumbling around, Don (when he was not playing) was standing at the back of the stage with his guitar smoking, drinking a beer, and laughing at everyone, and Andrew WK looked nightmarishly wrung up.  That being said, they put on a hell of a show that teetered along the edge of insanity and hilarity, reminiscent of Butthole Surfers.  For $12.00, the night was definately worth it!

booradley17

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2005, 03:48:00 pm »
  I thought I remembered hearing he was running for something, but I didn't notice any billboards or advertisements for his campaign.  Of course, I kind of stopped looking after the 12th Get our Troops Out of Iraq NOW leaflets I was handed.  

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
[/b]
Apparently he decided not to run for office in Washington state but he did put out a book about politics(and his time in Nirvana).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0971920656/qid=1106336474/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/104-3933583-4466354?v=glance&s=books&n=507846