Author Topic: A Letter From Jaxx  (Read 3716 times)

mankie

Re: A Letter From Jaxx
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2003, 03:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by bags:

Probot is Dave Grohl's metal project.  He does the music and has guest vocalists:

"Dave Grohl is taking a break from Foo Fighters to concentrate for a while on his new heavy metal band, Probot. Grohl will be joined by some celebrity friends, including Soulfly's Max Cavalera, Lemmy from Motorhead, Pantera's Phil Anselmo and Corrosion of Conformity's Mike Dean, for Probot's album. The project is being produced by Matt Sweeney and engineered by Adam Kasper, who worked with Grohl on the Foo's last album, There Is Nothing Left To Lose."

Great.....The Travelling Wilbury's for the Gen-X'ers!

ggw

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2003, 03:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

Originally posted by bags:

Probot is Dave Grohl's metal project.  He does the music and has guest vocalists:

"Dave Grohl is taking a break from Foo Fighters to concentrate for a while on his new heavy metal band, Probot. Grohl will be joined by some celebrity friends, including Soulfly's Max Cavalera, Lemmy from Motorhead, Pantera's Phil Anselmo and Corrosion of Conformity's Mike Dean, for Probot's album. The project is being produced by Matt Sweeney and engineered by Adam Kasper, who worked with Grohl on the Foo's last album, There Is Nothing Left To Lose."

Great.....The Travelling Wilbury's for the Gen-X'ers! [/b]
More like Santana's Supernatural.

Bags

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2003, 04:10:00 pm »
Grohl has described it as Santana for the metal set.  But hey, that Matchbox Twenty guy ain't singing!

Guiny

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2003, 06:45:00 pm »
come on now.  dimwitted 32 year olds?  lets see....i'll be 26 soon, so i guess i can't go see Anthrax play.  seriously though, have you listened to any of the stuff that Anthrax has put out in the past 10 years?  even though i do prefer the 9:30, the bottom line is that Anthrax is musically far superior to damn near every band i've seen live or seen listed to play the 9:30.  then again, there's nothing like seeing some garage bands that are here today...gone tomorrow.  haha [/QB][/QUOTE]

AMEN.......Anthrax is still putting out great music and thats gonna be a great show at JAXX.

Guiny

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2003, 06:47:00 pm »
Does anyone know if you can buy tickets at JAXX or do you have to buy thru ticketbastard? I've never been there so i dont know if they have a ticket window like the 9:30 Club.

bigt61

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2003, 05:59:00 pm »
You can buy tickets in advance at JAXX with no surcharge if paying by cash.  I think there is a $2 surcharge for advance door sales with credit card.