Author Topic: belle & sebastian tickets  (Read 3136 times)

slowgraffiti

Re: belle & sebastian tickets
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 07:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
  A B&S concert used to be as illusive as rocking horse pooh, but now it seems they tour more often than Andrew WK.

Maybe they realise their music is on the decline so cashing in while they still can.

Still one of the best shows I've seen at the 930 though.
i think they're doing the merriweather show because of the response to the two 930 dates.
 i don't think their music is declining in terms of quality or fanbase, but i was really surprised to hear about their upcoming fall tour in the states because it does seem out of character.

bearman🐻

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 12:01:00 am »
Having followed B&S since If You're Feeling Sinister, I am pretty amazed to hear that people don't care so much for the Life Pursuit. It's my favorite record of theirs. I think it's amazing that having been together so long they can put out a record this strong. Maybe it's too poppy for people? Not enough songs like "Fox in the Snow" or "Stars of Track and Field"? I think they've really done a good job at making a pop record that shows off some growth in their songwriting, while still keeping their sound. And I think it's way better than Dear Catastrophe Waitress. But I think the strength of a band is how many fans like all their different work, and virtually everyone I know has different favorite LPs by B&S, PJ Harvey, Radiohead, etc. As for Interpol, I think 2 of their strongest songs ("A Time To Be So Small" and "Leif Erikson") finish their LPs. I can't believe someone would not care for Antics since it's a bit of a mirror to Turn on the Bright Lights. But, I guess everyone hears things differently.

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 06:50:00 am »
Ditto

Originally posted by clyde725:

Originally posted by BookerT:

as for B&S ... IMO, everything they did up through the "this is just a modern rock song" EP is essential. nothing after it is even close.
I know we could argue about pavement all day, but I've always made the argument that Brighten the Corners is their best album.  So many incredible songs.  You ever heard type slowly?  So good.

I also am a huge fan of Dear Catastrophe Waitress.  I honestly think its much much better than The Life Pursuit.  Whether its better than their early stuff, I can't say.  Its too different.  The early stuff is probably more essential, however. [/b]

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 11:53:00 am »
well i got mine this week and being totally shameless need to sell two GA tickets for the show, in part because I'm DJing 932 for the show. Forum Gathering in the Ladies Room...
T.Rex

Darth Ed

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006, 01:32:00 am »
*Whew* I just had a panic attack when I realized that I never received my ticket from musictoday for this show, but then I looked up my confirmation e-mail and discovered that I had selected Will Call (presumably because it was cheaper that way, I guess). Anyway, I thought I'd post this in case someone else is in the same boat. Looking forward to the show!

bearman🐻

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2006, 11:28:00 am »
I'll be sure to give a full report on the Hollywood Bowl show!

drichards79

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 08:45:00 am »
Anyone know how to get their hands on the audio from the Belle/Seb show with the LA Philharmonic last night?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 11:38:00 am »
let me know if anyone needs a bunch (6) lawn tickets ... i'm looking to dump them for face value ($30, or slightly lower) so i can go with the ontap bus trip package deal
(o|o)

Bags

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2006, 12:25:00 pm »
I may have two pit tickets to sell as well....