Author Topic: belle & sebastian tickets  (Read 3134 times)

duderino

belle & sebastian tickets
« on: June 08, 2006, 12:50:00 pm »
have these been mailed out yet? i dont think i've received mine.

lbcardoni

Re: belle & sebastian tickets
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 01:43:00 pm »
You don't think you've received them?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 01:50:00 pm »
what the hell is the deal with their new single ("o come, o come, emanuel")?

i'm not digging the bible vibes
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 01:54:00 pm »
i guess i should have googled first ... looks like it's a christmas release from a peel session that (for some reason) just got put up on emusic
(o|o)

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 02:12:00 pm »
I haven't gotten mine.  I bought them through the Musictoday presale and they say that they send them out two weeks prior to the show.

Barcelona

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 02:26:00 pm »
belle & sebastian, very good albums at the beginning, but getting bad, worse as a new album comes out. seems to be happening a lot out there, to me, pavement or interpol are other examples.

bearman🐻

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 02:27:00 pm »
Actually I like the second half of the Life Pursuit much more than the first half. I think the Blues are Still Blue and White Collar Boy are the 2 weakest songs on the LP.

TomJaworski

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 02:31:00 pm »
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one to have not received their expensive tickets yet...

As for the Life Pursuit, it is very average, but I think its slightly better than Dear Catatrophe...

"Dress Up in You" is as good as vintange B&S.

I look forward to seeing them perform in an outdoor setting.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 03:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by Barcelona:
  belle & sebastian, very good albums at the beginning, but getting bad, worse as a new album comes out. seems to be happening a lot out there, to me, pavement or interpol are other examples.
interpol only has 2 albums out. . .how can you make such a statement like that?

as for pavement. . .the whole last album was a mistake, as evidenced by "the slow century."  although, i think that terror twilight was the funniest album they put out, even though it didn't have a spiral song on it.  unlike dean wareham's tiresome similies and metaphors in later luna albums, SM was still very funny.
OU812

BookerT

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 03:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

interpol only has 2 albums out. . .how can you make such a statement like that?

as for pavement. . .the whole last album was a mistake, as evidenced by "the slow century."  although, i think that terror twilight was the funniest album they put out, even though it didn't have a spiral song on it.  unlike dean wareham's tiresome similies and metaphors in later luna albums, SM was still very funny. [/b]
you could tell that SM was treating the whole thing as a joke. i mean, look at the three singles: "spit on a stranger," (ridiculous), "major leagues," (very ridiculous), "carrot rope" (most ridiculous of all). i still like "terror twilight" better than "brighten the corners."

as for B&S ... IMO, everything they did up through the "this is just a modern rock song" EP is essential. nothing after it is even close.

clyde725

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 04:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by BookerT:
  you could tell that SM was treating the whole thing as a joke. i mean, look at the three singles: "spit on a stranger," (ridiculous), "major leagues," (very ridiculous), "carrot rope" (most ridiculous of all). i still like "terror twilight" better than "brighten the corners."

as for B&S ... IMO, everything they did up through the "this is just a modern rock song" EP is essential. nothing after it is even close.
I know we could argue about pavement all day, but I've always made the argument that Brighten the Corners is their best album.  So many incredible songs.  You ever heard type slowly?  So good.

I also am a huge fan of Dear Catastrophe Waitress.  I honestly think its much much better than The Life Pursuit.  Whether its better than their early stuff, I can't say.  Its too different.  The early stuff is probably more essential, however.

Barcelona

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 07:03:00 pm »
I guess with Interpol I was referring to the trend they seem to be following, from one to ten, the first album was an 8 and the second one was a 1. Following this trend, the third album might probably be negative, although I wish it was good.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 07:44:00 pm »
  I guess with Interpol I was referring to the trend they seem to be following, from one to ten, the first album was an 8 and the second one was a 1. Following this trend, the third album might probably be negative, although I wish it was good.
there is no way for you to determine that.  the sample size is simply not large enough.  2 albums is not a "trend."
OU812

Barcelona

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 07:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

there is no way for you to determine that.  the sample size is simply not large enough.  2 albums is not a "trend." [/b]
not trying to apply statistics here, just a thought. I hope it is good.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 02:53:00 am »
A B&S concert used to be as illusive as rocking horse pooh, but now it seems they tour more often than Andrew WK.

Maybe they realise their music is on the decline so cashing in while they still can.

Still one of the best shows I've seen at the 930 though.