Author Topic: Donnie Darko  (Read 6276 times)

Sir HC

Re: Donnie Darko
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2003, 05:16:00 pm »
From the 9:30 front page:

"   The Bombay Doors: Mullholland Drive makes me wish fo
 3. What are you reading?:     Jaguär: "

So, changing your name doesn't seem to affect the name listed there.

Jaguär

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2003, 05:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  From the 9:30 front page:

"   The Bombay Doors: Mullholland Drive makes me wish fo
 3. What are you reading?:     Jaguär: "

So, changing your name doesn't seem to affect the name listed there.
Someone else figured that trick out the other day. All you have to do is catch them at the right time....or know their member numbers. I've got #1826 down now and I don't even know my own! But honestly, I never need a number to know his posts anyway.    :D

beltin it out247

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2003, 05:54:00 pm »
i'm no movie critic, but i can usually understand them. i understood Donnie Darko... eventually. but Mulholland Drive was THE WORST MOVIE EVER. if it was made to make no sense whatsoever, it did an awesome job. but the "bedroom scenes" were a little more than i could take....and it didn't help that my whole family was watching. *shudder*  :eek:

paige

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2003, 05:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by The Pariah:
  Ah, very good Paige.

you will be forever struck from my list of board morons...

Poor Cherita. The look on the crazy womans face when she sees Patrick Swayzee on the front cover of the newspaper was priceless.
Wow, what an honor. It's nice to know that I was even  on it!!

"I'm beginning to doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!!!!!"

valentinesays

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2003, 06:20:00 pm »
what about the english and science teachers? i think theyre angels. like that scene where theyre sitting there, eating lunch, and dr. monitoff goes "donnie darko" and the english teacher goes "i know.." also, she gives him a huge clue - cellar door.

walkman

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2003, 06:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by beltin it out247:
  i'm no movie critic, but i can usually understand them. i understood Donnie Darko... eventually. but Mulholland Drive was THE WORST MOVIE EVER. if it was made to make no sense whatsoever, it did an awesome job. but the "bedroom scenes" were a little more than i could take....and it didn't help that my whole family was watching. *shudder*   :eek:  
Sorry, but you're wrong.  Mulholland Drive is Lynch's best film, and that's saying a lot (have you ever seen Blue Velvet?)  Watch both of those movies four more times, and then we'll talk.

SPARX

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2003, 06:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkman:

Sorry, but you're wrong.  Mulholland Drive is Lynch's best film, and that's saying a lot (have you ever seen Blue Velvet?)  Watch both of those movies four more times, and then we'll talk. [/QB]
Oh Walkie,i must disagree.Eraserhead impacted me like no other.Mindblowing!! Of course it's all a matter of personal taste but MY GOD!!!ERASERHEAD!!

walkman

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2003, 07:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:

Originally posted by walkman:

Sorry, but you're wrong.  Mulholland Drive is Lynch's best film, and that's saying a lot (have you ever seen Blue Velvet?)  Watch both of those movies four more times, and then we'll talk. [/b]
Oh Walkie,i must disagree.Eraserhead impacted me like no other.Mindblowing!! Of course it's all a matter of personal taste but MY GOD!!!ERASERHEAD!! [/QB]
Good lord, Sparx...forgive me for my sins.  Amendment to previous post â?? Please view Mulholland Drive, Blue Velvet AND Eraserhead 5 times, and then we'll talk.

(I stand by my #1 ranking of Mulholland Dr., however.)

Jaguär

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2003, 07:13:00 pm »
I love Blue Velvet.

My kind of comedy.   :D

SPARX

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2003, 07:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  I love Blue Velvet.

My kind of comedy.    :D  
Anything with Dennis Hopper is alright by me!!

samanthaalison

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2003, 07:48:00 pm »
http://archive.salon.com/ent/movies/review/2001/10/12/mulholland_drive/index.html

that explains it some. which doesn't really help me because I've never seen the whole thing.

Sir HC

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2003, 09:16:00 am »
Has anyone seen "Spider" yet?  That movie out Eraserheads Eraserhead with the opening lack of words.  Intense.

I don't know what Lynch has done that is not great, even "The Angriest Dog in the World".  Read a month of those and get back to me...