Author Topic: High Dials...  (Read 6007 times)

Bags

Re: High Dials...
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2005, 03:22:00 pm »
Marsha Bradee's listing their set time as 10:00 on myspace.com.  I'm thinking the normal 11, 11:30 start time for the High Dials.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2005, 03:26:00 pm »
Thanks for checking into that.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2005, 03:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  Either worth catching?

here's a hint absolutely hates marsha bradee, i haven't heard either of them ...
(o|o)

Bags

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2005, 03:35:00 pm »
I'll be downstairs.  Even if it's packed uptairs, I see no need to stand around up there (running back downstairs for drinks) before the band goes on.

Don't know what reaction this will get, but going to the Lounge makes me really appreciate DC9.  [Though the Lounge of course gets props for being around for these smaller bands for years...It can be a difficult space to deal with, though]

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2005, 03:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
 Don't know what reaction this will get, but going to the Lounge makes me really appreciate DC9.  [Though the Lounge of course gets props for being around for these smaller bands for years...It can be a difficult space to deal with, though]
i've also found the staff at DC9 and 930 club to be much less "elitist DC" than velvet and black cat ... i've seen the door guy at black cat be a total prick many times, calling people tourists and shit
(o|o)

redsock

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2005, 03:39:00 pm »
The Chance is pretty good straight Garage rock. Nice guys, they played our Artomatic show in December. I may just make this show myself.

Bags

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2005, 03:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  The Chance is pretty good straight Garage rock. Nice guys, they played our Artomatic show in December. I may just make this show myself.
NO!  You've become this rare and intermittant presence!   ;)

Bags

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2005, 03:50:00 pm »
Hmm, I've only gotten the nicest service at Black Cat -- from managers and bartenders alike.  And I've never seen them rude or haughty, but I've heard this complaint before.

My only complaint with Velvet Lounge is the size and layout.  Oh yeah, and a bartender completely chewed me out there once -- I was trying to be helpful, but grant that I may have been less than helpful....  Still, he yelled and was a smart-ass when he could have asked...I take instruction well.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2005, 06:02:00 pm »
If you want to meet some fellow Forum members, come up and say hello. I'll be wearing a blue "Doctor Who" t-shirt and jeans. I will introduce you to the gang with me (who are also on the Forum).

Reechard D Taylor

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2005, 01:25:00 am »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
  If you want to meet some fellow Forum members, come up and say hello. I'll be wearing a blue "Doctor Who" t-shirt and jeans. I will introduce you to the gang with me (who are also on the Forum).
Kurosawa, you are now forever in my "cool book." Doctor Who was the shit in its day (for me, Who was tops during the 70s). Can't wait to see the new show with Eccleston...

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2005, 10:07:00 am »
Originally posted by Friend O' Guy Chadwick:
  Kurosawa, you are now forever in my "cool book." Doctor Who was the shit in its day (for me, Who was tops during the 70s). Can't wait to see the new show with Eccleston...
Yeah! When are we going to see that new series over here? Actually, aren't there two new ones (one more recent than the other)? I'd like to see both. I grew up watching Doctor Who on latenight PBS so it is forever close to my heart.

Kick ass show last night. The High Dials played a fantastic set. Loads of energy and excitement. And a great crowd turned out, too! The place was packed. (The band was excited by the turnout.) The sound was good, as well. Great to meet xcanuck (and your wife) and bombay chutney! And excellent as always to see Bags and Jaguar. The High Dials said they hope to be back in August.

snailhook

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2005, 12:41:00 pm »
then those fuckers better email me!

i hate the lounge. i was considering seeing them, but i ended up going to baltimore to see the grey daturas, who we played with at the warehouse on thurdsay. it was in a warehouse and the grey daturas affect me more emotionally, so i think i made the right choice.

i'm sure the high dials were fantastic, though. hopefully, next time we can get 'em at DC9 or the warehouse.

xcanuck

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2005, 01:25:00 pm »
They said that hopefully the next gig would be at the Black Cat. We'll have to see. I hope so - the VL is an awfully expensive place to drink!

It was an amazing show. Rishi's sitar solo at the end of the night was kinda schitcky, but still very cool. I think they played mostly new stuff and it was all good. The new CD should be released in the States on July 26th.

Nice buncha guys, too. It was alot of fun hanging out with jaguar, kurosawa, bags, and the band. Nice meeting everyone!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2005, 11:38:00 am »
T.Rex