Author Topic: Record Fair Today  (Read 1023 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Record Fair Today
« on: May 09, 2009, 11:36:21 am »
Kind of late notice I guess, but I just got back from there and grabbed some great stuff for really cheap:

http://vinyldistrict.blogspot.com/2009/04/save-date-washington-dc-record-fair.html

it's at the warehouse theatre...
(o|o)

hutch

Re: Record Fair Today
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 09:54:50 am »
I did pretty good although not great.. I mean not great in the sense that I only came away with 20 LPs..

But it was a good score... 20 lps for 50 bucks... hard to beat.. Probably I could have stuck around longer and found more but I lost my oomph

I got Nina Simone's first on original pressing (from 1958 or 59), Sonny Rollins on Impulse, Duke Ellingtons great paris concert (sealed), three Tito Puente Lps, a Prince 12 " I had no seen, a Miles Davis pretty banged up first pressing from 1954 or so (very tough to find), a Herbie Hancok Blue Note reissue from the 70s, Hank MObley's last LP released under his name (the one with Cedar Walton from 1972) before he went silent...

I hope this record fair becomes a monthly thing.. I thought this space did not work out as well as the last place.. at least when I was there the fact that there was no music playing (maybe cause I was there right at 10) killed the vibe..also not ideal to have the different record vendors in different rooms...

But I really appreciate the record fair being put together cause I don't have a car and don't drive up to Arbustus Maryland..and I just love LPs