Author Topic: Handsome Furs  (Read 1685 times)

wml7

Handsome Furs
« on: July 12, 2009, 02:16:16 pm »
So anyone catch the Handsome Furs either in DC or MD.  I saw them in Baltimore and must say they were pretty good.  Too bad no one was there but they put on a good show.  Sort of Mates of State but heavier.

paul3mac

Re: Handsome Furs
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 10:25:01 pm »
I saw them at the Ottobar last night as well.  Didn't expect a huge crowd, but was a little surprised by the small amount of people there.  Guess Whartscape had something to do with that.  Regardless I thought it was a great show.  Definitely exceeded my expectations.  Was on the fence about going, but looked up some live stuff on youtube and decided to go.  Glad I did.  Not sure what the wife was on, but pretty entertaining.

wml7

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 10:37:42 pm »
I think the wife is always like that.  ;D

Got Haggis?

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 05:01:54 pm »
I was at whartscape.....hipsters are out of control with their awful smells.....

walkonby

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 05:20:57 pm »
I was at whartscape.....hipsters are out of control with their awful smells.....

worse smell:  hippies, hipsters, ravers?

wml7

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 05:43:34 pm »
hippies dressed like a hipster going to a rave

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 05:46:07 pm »
- ravers: vicks vapo-rub, which is annoying to mildly gag-inducing.  occasionally a mild whiff of ground teeth can be caught.  all very ephemerous.
- hipsters: their air of superiority, while insulting, isn't actually perceptable by one's nose.  mostly likely wearing Old Spice or something else equally ironic.  used to cover the smell of their vintage crushed velvet, which is too fragile to wash (and, like, they don't care enough to wash it anyways).
- hippies: slathered in mounds of pachoulli and nag champa in attempts to hide the fact that they haven't bathed since bonnaroo'03.

winner: hippies.  arguably the only contest they'll ever win.
<sig>

Got Haggis?

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 11:21:32 am »
the hipsters at whartscape smelled worse than any hippie i've run into

the best description of their smell that i read was this: "The smell of whartscape-attending-hipsters can best be described as somebody feverishly drumming in a catbox of ammoniated urine and homeless person feces using two 12" italian hoagies that have been sitting in the sun for a few days as drumsticks. "