Author Topic: *ROLL CALL* CULT @ 9:30 Club (9/9/09)  (Read 6730 times)

wml7

Re: *ROLL CALL* CULT @ 9:30 Club (9/9/09)
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 10:52:46 am »
Wow.

Mr. Aspbury doesn't like Dave Grohl very much, eh?

I haven't given half a shit about the Foos since that horrendous second album and have many reservations about TCV but those rants were some of the most bizarre and uncalled for stage banters I've ever witnessed. And how could someone dismiss another band for being "jock-rock" while playing to a crowd made primarily up of piss-drunk, douchy belligerent jocks at the same time?

He must've seen how fast TCV tickets sold out and got bitter.

Other than that, show was pretty good.

Yeah very solid meat and potatoes rock show....

I thought he went off on Grohl and "The Jack" (maybe meaning the radio station) but maybe I misheard and he was talking about jock rock...

It was definitely "jock rock." he mentioned it about 20 times.

aka "meat head rock"  ;D

jlhbal

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 11:37:49 am »
 Ian has had a "chip on his shoulder" for over twenty years. It's his persona, his personality. He has actually mellowed with age.

I was at the rail (and almost got crushed during the last two songs), so could lip read if needed.

He was definitely referring to jock rock and he did make a derogatory comment about Dave Grohl. I was able to find this link that talks about his feelings towards Dave:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/the_cult_bring_me_the_head_of_dave_grohl.html

hutch

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 04:24:31 pm »
Wow.

Mr. Aspbury doesn't like Dave Grohl very much, eh?

I haven't given half a shit about the Foos since that horrendous second album and have many reservations about TCV but those rants were some of the most bizarre and uncalled for stage banters I've ever witnessed. And how could someone dismiss another band for being "jock-rock" while playing to a crowd made primarily up of piss-drunk, douchy belligerent jocks at the same time?

He must've seen how fast TCV tickets sold out and got bitter.

Other than that, show was pretty good.

Yeah very solid meat and potatoes rock show....

I thought he went off on Grohl and "The Jack" (maybe meaning the radio station) but maybe I misheard and he was talking about jock rock...

um. he made it pretty clear. perhaps you fell into the category of show attendees referenced in Azaghal's post?  ;)

Maybe.

I didn't notice piss drunk belligerent whathaveyous....

I was on the side and it was so calm...

thirsty moore

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 04:38:39 pm »
Hutch, I thought you were the Fernando guy.