Author Topic: Snowball Justice Has Been Achieved  (Read 10080 times)

vansmack

Re: Snowball Justice Has Been Achieved
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2010, 07:33:46 pm »
So Smacky, you're saying that there isn't a snowball's chance in hell of the felony charge sticking?

Nice.  So much so, that I'm willing to wager on it.

And since Mankie's no longer around to point out that I have been wrong on legal issues before, I will remind folks that I once told Jag that Ireland would not forgoe taxing artists and their creations while the Irish economy was so bad and almost 10 years later I'm still wrong and Jag is still right.  But yeah, that's what I'm saying, but not as cleverly as you...
27>34

RonniStar

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2010, 07:39:37 pm »
(Putting this in here instead of in the Onion thread just to keep the snow stories together.)

Can't say that this guy shouldn't be reprimanded in some way, but I've got to admit that there is a side of me that wishes this guy were my neighbor. Kind of a local rogue hero of sorts.

"Police say man stole front loader to plow driveways

A Columbia man has been arrested after police say he stole a front loader and used it to clear driveways.

A Caterpillar skid steer loader was reported stolen sometime between Friday and Monday from a parking garage on U.S. 1 and Mission Road in Jessup, Howard County police said. The vehicle was equipped with LoJack, and on Tuesday morning officers traced it to a home in Laurel and found it parked in the driveway, police said.

The homeowners said a friend had left it there after clearing their driveway, and police worked to track the man down.

David Earl Bryant, 40, of the 9600 block of Hingston Downs has been charged with felony theft, theft, motor vehicle theft, unauthorized use of a vehicle, and removing or defacing a VIN number. Electronic court records show Bryant was released on his own recognizance and he did not appear to have a prior criminal record in Maryland.
"

I wish we had something to clear the roads in my neighborhood. It's been a week, and streets need some major snow removal.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2010, 08:39:17 pm »
TMUL, I don't like the snowballers either, but you're sounding a little strident there, bub.

Anyway, the news is that the prosecutor decided to charge this as a misdemeanor.    According to one blog I read, and I have no idea if this is based in fact or not, this means that among other things she can be tried in front of a judge, rather than a jury.   It makes it easier to get a conviction.

Regardless of outcome, she already had to do a couple of nights in jail, and that was deserved.  I think at most she'll get community service and a fine, also deserved too.   So yes, "snowball justice has been achieved."
_\|/_

Shadrach

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2010, 02:41:06 pm »
I think being charged with a felony is a bit much, but what idiot is stupid enough to throw a snowball, or anything for that matter, at a cop. I'm not saying she deserves a year in prison, but honestly, why would you do something so colossally stupid? You do realize that spitting on someone is considered a physical assault in the eyes of the law? I recon throwing a snowball/iceball at a cop would be considered assaulting a police officer. I say fine her and make her do some community service.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2010, 02:51:36 pm »
i hope obama wises up and tries her in a military court
o/\o

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2010, 02:56:42 pm »
Waterboard a confession out her, then send her to Siberia.

vansmack

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2010, 03:03:45 pm »
No way. 

Video tape her recording a confession that she's reading line by line of a piece of paper, broadcast it on the internet calling for Jihad, then sick Jack Bauer on her accusers....
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2010, 03:07:06 pm »
now we're talking some serious justice
o/\o