Author Topic: e-music = sucks  (Read 6706 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: e-music = sucks
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2010, 01:37:54 am »
here's a list of what was added today....a whole lotta junk:

http://www.diehippiedie.com/emusic/listtoday.php

did you check out all 23,180 songs?  to come up with that number, you'd have to include a lot of filler...

not that it should come as a surprise, but's it's not nearly as dire as Joe says it is :)

first off there is the Hip-O releases, Universal's version of Rhino.  Complete Motown singles boxset any one?.   There are several interesting BBC sessions available.   Lots of bands that seem to get people around here all excited...  I'm plenty of stuff for my save for later list... even spied some album I thought were only UK releases.

and a healthy chunk of what was added is Classical and releases by the giants of Jazz, just because this isn't your type of music doesn't make it bad.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 01:43:12 am by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

walkonby

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2010, 11:40:33 am »
the other day i went into a store a bought a cd.  i handed my money over and she handed me the cd.  it was easy.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2010, 12:09:49 pm »
the other day i realized the closest stores that sell CDs don't have the selection eMusic has....  and as a side note while plenty of indie sites sell digital downloads, eMusic serves a great aggregator which is why it pains me to see so...
T.Rex

walkonby

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2010, 12:17:17 pm »
that's what wrong with the world . . .  everybody wants everything at all times.  i like to pretend life is like christmas; it's nice to get things every once in a while.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 12:25:17 pm by walkonby »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2010, 12:46:27 pm »
With eMusic Christmas comes 12 times a year...  Possibly even 24 times ;)
T.Rex