Author Topic: Say Hello To having to pay to park near the 9:30 club  (Read 15145 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Say Hello To having to pay to park near the 9:30 club
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2014, 11:08:58 am »
It just makes me feel like DC is hollow.

So what would prefer the site to look like?
Everywhere should look like whatever the Hiltons do, dude.

I don't know. Just shining everything up looks lame. I don't know. I'm sure I'll still be hanging around there. I'm just a bigger fan of smaller stuff and more local bars and stuff like that. Chains and overpriced restaurants and all that other crap just makes DC, or anywhere really, just look like another cookie cutter place. No one is going to look at that place and be like "Oh, that's definitely in DC" because it looks like just another generic building in an already pretty generic city. Just my thoughts. You can all agree, that's fine. I'm sure we'll all be enjoying that movie theatre in no time.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2014, 11:28:05 am »
What percent of the shiny new places on 14th St are chains? And are we talking about the part of 14th St north of U St or south of U St? And even if there are some chains moving in, is it moving out the small guy, or are more small guys moving in as well? And aren't some chains more palatable than others (e.g. Whole Foods vs. Walmart)?

If you don't like to be surrounded by retail and fancy plate restaurants, move to my neighborhood in Springfield. Plenty of trees and squirrels and no retail when I look out my window.

It just makes me feel like DC is hollow.

So what would prefer the site to look like?
Everywhere should look like whatever the Hiltons do, dude.

I don't know. Just shining everything up looks lame. I don't know. I'm sure I'll still be hanging around there. I'm just a bigger fan of smaller stuff and more local bars and stuff like that. Chains and overpriced restaurants and all that other crap just makes DC, or anywhere really, just look like another cookie cutter place. No one is going to look at that place and be like "Oh, that's definitely in DC" because it looks like just another generic building in an already pretty generic city. Just my thoughts. You can all agree, that's fine. I'm sure we'll all be enjoying that movie theatre in no time.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2014, 11:54:08 am »
I'm talking more south of U St. I mean, I get it. More money and what not.
‼‼?‼‼

slappy

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2014, 11:58:03 am »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2014, 12:27:20 pm »
Look how friendly and welcoming that is. Imagine a bunch of coffee shops and micropubs popping up there. UGH. Get that shit out of here. Fucking neckbeards.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2014, 01:07:35 pm »
the only people who bitch about neighborhoods growing out of the slums into something bold, vibrant, new and beautiful . . . are people who want to steal everything off the internet.