Author Topic: Morrissey on Bowie  (Read 6087 times)

mankie

Re: Morrissey on Bowie
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2004, 02:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  Thanks Bags...another great memory is at the first 9:30 show in 2000 (I think) when the fan climbed over the balcony railing, jumped onto the PA, and then jumped OVER a bouncer and almost managed to hug Moz...that was pretty fun to watch.
Yes, yes I was at that show. That was markies defining moment.

A few years earlier he was at Merriweather and walked off because the bouncers were stopping his adoring fans from getting on stage to hug him. Seriously, he was pissed because the bouncers were literally throwing the fans back into the crowd with no regard for injury. He made an announcement saying the show is over unless the bouncers get under control....He came back on and did another couple of songs when the bouncers went back to their old tricks so that was it...end of show.

Next time anyone bitches about the 930 staph, they should thank their lucky stars we have the 930 staph and not the no-necks at Merriweather.

bearman🐻

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2004, 02:43:00 pm »
Same thing happened to a friend of mine in Cinci...the he ended the show after 2 songs. Of course my friend was trashed so maybe it was more than that. I've never had a show end THAT abruptly, but I've seen Billy Corgan throw his share of temper tantrums.

markie

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2004, 02:54:00 pm »
I only saw Mozzer the once, In Dundee. It was a 10 hour bus trip, each way. It was in 1991. There was a quiet, but happy, stream of fans getting on stage. I gave him a kiss.

I can smile about it now, but at the time it was terrible.

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2004, 03:00:00 pm »
I had a very similiar experience, but it was with Dale Earnhardt.

Originally posted by mark e smith:
  I only saw Mozzer the once, In Dundee. It was a 10 hour bus trip, each way. It was in 1991. There was a quiet, but happy, stream of fans getting on stage. I gave him a kiss.

I can smile about it now, but at the time it was terrible.

Starsky