Author Topic: D-Plan Roll Call  (Read 3578 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: D-Plan Roll Call
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 03:02:16 pm »
will you be on stage during one certain song?

of course not.  i'l be doing the standing still.
<sig>

Epstein

• http://www.hit-dat.com
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 08:11:53 pm »
musically they were great. i'd be a liar to say that I really still am floored by those records. i totally respect them, but i'm not in the same place. im also not too cool to say they provided some great memories being a late teen turning 20 and being stoked to go to their shows. my wife had a blast. and you know, i can see why people like their shows, the band is not cynical and that only translates into good "energy" i guess

i wouldnt say it was the small venue, their fans i think no matter where it is in dc for the most part are pretty nuts for a band that at least early on ripped off brainiac and really at least locally are a bit, as generic as this sounds, overrated.

i totally get the boston thing, but really? do you need to run people over just so you can sing with a bunch of other white people? not everyone needs to go on stage. i too like to move and dance, but i also am aware of who is arround me. I totally get that you paid for a ticket, but sorry dude, this isn't fucking seeing void or iron cross. get outta here, no one wants to see your goofy "spazzy" dancing to a song about not being invited to a party.

asking someone if they "really need that walker and if they are just faking their disability just to be closer" is pretty much where i draw the line though.

like i said, i got knocked over a shit ton at hardcore shows, and i also know when to stand back and not be involved, but at least people there say sorry and and make sure others around them are ok (this does not apply to everyone but compared to the dplan show, you'd think the last drunkdriver and even cold world  show had all the kids drinking from the ian mcckaye koolaid.
Kill the sound: <A HREF="Http://www.hit-dat.com" TARGET=_blank>http://Http://www.hit-dat.com[/url]

nocents

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 01:45:03 am »
Anyone know what the last song of the Saturday night set was?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 03:07:08 am »
based on an informal polling of those around me, which included 3 boardees (who shall remain nameless lest they be associated with my late-night ramblings), tonight's show was excellent bordering on awesome.  zero signs of douchiness or blatant self-absorption, then again no mosh pits broke out so that helped.  crowd was typical DC or maybe a little above-average: energetic and very much in to the band but no one losing their sh*t or becoming a nuisance.  the drummer, Joe Easley (yes i had to look that up) is an absolute MONSTER.  best live drummer i've seen in a while. 

i realize that it's only january but tonight's show is already on my short list for top 10 shows of the year.  i'm seriously tempted to go back and cat tomorrow night's show.

nocents - not sure, but i suspect there are at least two other regulars here who can answer your question.
<sig>

teepo

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 03:14:27 am »

this was part of it atleast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4s6H4ku6ZY

so awesome.

i doubt any show this year will top this. if the game is boring tomorrow, i'm going back.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 03:16:28 am by teepo »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 03:48:15 am »

this was part of it atleast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4s6H4ku6ZY

lol that's awesome.  i had never heard that "G6" song before, but that's what DPlan was jammin' on.  good trainspotting.

i doubt any show this year will top this. if the game is boring tomorrow, i'm going back.

that's what the gods of entertainment invented DVR for.  i have a personal situation preventing me from going back, but if i can talk that situation into joining me...
<sig>

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 01:19:15 pm »
wow! my post got deleted. Im pretty sure aside from saying I didnt like the show, it couldnt have been flagged as offensive. are we not allowed to hate the d-plan?

and for what its worth- last nights show at webster hall was much better and a really awesome crowd (which can make or break a show imo).
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 01:22:23 pm »
the board crash over the weekend, the admins had to do a rollback (take the database back to a previous "good" state).  so 6 days of comments - pro-D-Plan, anti-D-Plan, and couldn't-give-a-f*ck-about-D-Plan - were lost.  it's not a conspiracy or censorship :)

see http://www.930.com/forum/index.php?topic=21229.0
<sig>

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 01:25:02 pm »
thanks i saw it after the fact. i wanted to copy something from a post and bam! was gone. havent been around for awhile so figured maybe the thread got really bad. only realized now a huge gap of time was gone.

thanks for the update :)

the board crash over the weekend, the admins had to do a rollback (take the database back to a previous "good" state).  so 6 days of comments - pro-D-Plan, anti-D-Plan, and couldn't-give-a-f*ck-about-D-Plan - were lost.  it's not a conspiracy or censorship :)

see http://www.930.com/forum/index.php?topic=21229.0
HeyLa