Author Topic: Sorry about my son.  (Read 1988 times)

Papa_Wallace

Sorry about my son.
« on: October 07, 2011, 05:54:11 pm »
Hey kids,
Look. I'm really sorry my son junks up this forum. You have to understand it's tough being the son of a classic rock DJ. I wasn't always around for Brian's tee ball games. What can I say? Penguin Feathers paid well for live broadcasts. (the free rolling papers didn't hurt either)

I have more time for him now that my station just flipped to talk radio. Lord knows something has to get me through this Rocktober without an air check.

Brian, you need to start controlling your emotions. We named you after the greatest music entrepreneur ever, Brian Epstein, in order for you to have a path to follow. Let's work on that rage and get you happy. I'm sorry I couldn't pay for your school, but let's be honest, you have always been a little like Foghat's best jam a - 'Slow Ride'.

Come by the house tonight so I can give you a hug. (I also have a little surprise. I didn't throw away those Lady Gaga posters you had up on your wall.)

Papa

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Sorry about my son.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 06:01:14 pm »
i'm not sure if it got odder . . . or dumber. 

hutch

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 07:01:21 pm »
Papa why did you not buy him any Apple products?

He seems to have a rather big chip on his shoulders...

wml7

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 07:17:34 pm »
I thought his name came from Braveheart?  ;D

Papa_Wallace

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 07:42:36 pm »
Papa why did you not buy him any Apple products?

He seems to have a rather big chip on his shoulders...

I did! I picked up one of those ipod things when they came out. I left it wrapped for him but couldn't see him open it. I had to go into the station for a 'Get the Led out' marathon weekend. I even preloaded it with a solid block of the Steve Miller Band and Foreigner. I figured that would help smooth over not being there when he opened it.

Hey, he complains about his mother and I not paying for school. But I got him a sweet deal at DeVry after I did some voice over work for their radio spots.

Papa

wml7

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 07:48:47 pm »
No wonder he hates your guts and wants to throw you into the ocean with cement blocks, Devry? geez louise  ;D

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 11:31:54 pm »
Papa Wallace,

Do you have to slip Beatles albums to your grandkids on the sly, so they can hear some great music with actual melodies and hooks?  Have you ever sat your grandkids down and told them that Courtney Love and Amy Winehouse aren't really all that.  And when those grandkids come over to visit do they run straight for your RockBand setup and play a little "Slow Ride" for fun?
T.Rex

Papa_Wallace

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 02:16:05 pm »
Papa Wallace,

Do you have to slip Beatles albums to your grandkids on the sly, so they can hear some great music with actual melodies and hooks?  Have you ever sat your grandkids down and told them that Courtney Love and Amy Winehouse aren't really all that.  And when those grandkids come over to visit do they run straight for your RockBand setup and play a little "Slow Ride" for fun?

Hey kosmo!
Where ya calling from?  (Sorry it's a habit thats hard to break from riding the radio waves for so long.)

I'm not sure if Boogie is ever going to have kids. - Has Brian told you kids about his nickname Boogie? When he was little, he used to constantly pick his nose and show off his 'boogies'. He used to bring him to his mouth and his older sisters Lucy and Prudence would yell 'No boogie!'.

Papa