Author Topic: cafe saint-ex  (Read 6246 times)

Dandy01

Re: cafe saint-ex
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2004, 01:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  If you go on Sunday nights you'll hear metal.  Yeh, the late 70's early/80's variety.  

Remember, the 80's are 20 years behind us.
Thirsty-sighting at Tryst this weekend?

Dandy01

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2004, 01:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
  FYI, there will be an Air CD Release party at Saint-Ex on Jan. 21st. I've never been there, but they do occasionally have intriguing DJ sets.
good to know, what is their new album like?

Bags

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2004, 04:46:00 pm »
Don't you remember that little crow's nest seat up top of that pole?!?  There was usually a staffer up there videotaping it, and they simulcast that on these cheapy little t.v.s.  Aaaah, I remember that so well.

Rhett, you can borrow my Escalade for the drive out to Bop n' Bowl.

Originally posted by Skeeter:

Originally posted by Bags:
  Well, except for that huge pole/barrier in the middle of the room.
That pole reminds me of the old 9:30 Club.  I kept expecting someone to climb it holding a video camera. [/b]

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2004, 04:54:00 pm »
Yep - that's what I'm talking about.  I'll bet Seth has quite the video library of classic shows at home.

Don't you remember that little crow's nest seat up top of that pole?!?  There was usually a staffer up there videotaping it, and they simulcast that on these cheapy little t.v.s.  Aaaah, I remember that so well.

Rhett, you can borrow my Escalade for the drive out to Bop n' Bowl.

Well, except for that huge pole/barrier in the middle of the room.
That pole reminds me of the old 9:30 Club.  I kept expecting someone to climb it holding a video camera. [/b]
[/b]

twangirl

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2004, 07:13:00 pm »
  Yep - that's what I'm talking about.  I'll bet Seth has quite the video library of classic shows at home.
That was just a live video feed. Most shows weren't recorded, and if they were, it was at the band's request--they paid 50 bux for the 3/4 inch tape and it was given to them at the end of the night. Everybody always thinks there's this mythical library of great performances from the old 9:30, but there's really not. And it's a damn shame.

SPARX

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2004, 07:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by twangirl:
 [QBThat was just a live video feed. Most shows weren't recorded, and if they were, it was at the band's request--they paid 50 bux for the 3/4 inch tape and it was given to them at the end of the night. Everybody always thinks there's this mythical library of great performances from the old 9:30, but there's really not. And it's a damn shame. [/QB]
That is a damn shame.Hopefully you guys have rectified that.

thirsty moore

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2004, 08:46:00 pm »
I walked in on Sunday and walked right out, it was far too crowded.

Originally posted by Dandy01:

Dandy01

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2004, 02:33:00 pm »
  I walked in on Sunday and walked right out, it was far too crowded.

Originally posted by Dandy01:
[/b]
Yeah, I was sitting at a table in the middle, we had to snatch a table from other people waiting; isn't it always like that esp. weekends?

thirsty moore

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2004, 07:13:00 pm »
Yes, it's not worth waiting for a couch.  Have you checked out Cafe Love/Love Cafe?  I prefer that place.

lily1

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2004, 10:43:00 pm »
thumbs up to that place thirsty, and they are open until midnight!

Yes, it's not worth waiting for a couch.  Have you checked out Cafe Love/Love Cafe?  I prefer that place.

thirsty moore

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2004, 11:48:00 pm »
Seriously, you order your stuff from the counter and then you get left alone.  No hassle, no stress.  They don't even care how long you sit there.  Cafe Love is great.  My only complaint is the random music they play.

poorlulu

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2004, 11:50:00 pm »
  Seriously, you order your stuff from the counter and then you get left alone.  No hassle, no stress.  They don't even care how long you sit there.  Cafe Love is great.  My only complaint is the random music they play.
cafe love has to be avoided by me at all cost.......not sure i could be in the proximity of all those lovely cakes........

just walking past the shop is bad enough  :(

thirsty moore

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2004, 11:52:00 pm »
I tend to just go for the bagels.  My roomate gave me one of their cupcakes once.  A stick of butter fell out of the icing.

poorlulu

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2004, 11:58:00 pm »
mmmmmmmm butter.

i'm not sure i could be as controlled as you thirsty.........my butt would tell me to order bagel.........but my heart would be  screaming STODGY CAKE!!!!!STODGY CAKE!!!!!!!