Author Topic: Trail of Dead / Blood Brothers roll call  (Read 3126 times)

paul3mac

Re: Trail of Dead / Blood Brothers roll call
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 10:31:00 am »
so what did you guys think?
 I missed Brothers and Sisters.  I have seen Celebration before and I thought they were solid.  Incredibly loud though.
 The Blood Brothers have been a guilty pleasure of mine pretty much since their debut album, but this was my first time seeing them live.  They were pretty much what I expected... a little more flamboyant though.  I enjoyed them.
 I thought Trail Of The Dead were incredible.  That may be because of all the reviews recently of how much the new album sucks, how much they suck live, yada yada; I had low expectations going in.  Though not their best, I'm a fan of the new album and thought they put on a great show last night.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 10:39:00 am »
Blood Brothers were better than Trail of Dead for sure. What's wrong with a little flamboyance?  :)
 I couldn't get into Trail of Dead at all after 4 songs. Conrad doesn't have the big voice to complement the bigness of their sound...

Originally posted by paul3mac:
  so what did you guys think?
 I missed Brothers and Sisters.  I have seen Celebration before and I thought they were solid.  Incredibly loud though.
 The Blood Brothers have been a guilty pleasure of mine pretty much since their debut album, but this was my first time seeing them live.  They were pretty much what I expected... a little more flamboyant though.  I enjoyed them.
 I thought Trail Of The Dead were incredible.  That may be because of all the reviews recently of how much the new album sucks, how much they suck live, yada yada; I had low expectations going in.  Though not their best, I'm a fan of the new album and thought they put on a great show last night.
(_|_)

lukiedookie89

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 11:13:00 pm »
I didn't like Celebration at all...maybe I just didn't get it?
 Blood Brothers were super fun, I loved the energy of the band.  The new songs are great, I picked up the Young Machetes double LP and I'm enjoying it right now.   :D  
 I only got to stay for a few Trail of Dead songs, but I thought they were solid.  I really liked the second song into the set, I think it's off of Source Codes?  Anyway, fun show overall, hopefully I'll be able to stay for all of Trail of Dead next time they are in town.

radiofriendlyunitshifter

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 11:47:00 pm »
i thought the show was awesome.  arrived only to hear the last song of brothers and sisters.  nice acoustic pop.  celebration was different... you can definitely tell the blood brothers picked them.  the blood brothers' set was amazing.  i had never seen them live, and was thoroughly pleased.  the trail of dead was a pleasant suprise, as i they were better than i thought they were going to be, and might have even enjoyed them more than the blood brothers.  i was suprised at the number of source tags and codes songs since the new album had just come out.  i think there were six in all from source tags.  all in all, an awesome rock concert.