Author Topic: GET RID of Echostage  (Read 11739 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: GET RID of Echostage
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2015, 09:08:48 am »
I still thought the sound was off and we were only a row or two back. Vocals sounded like they were coming from a mile away.

To be fair, you have to be open to the possibility that someone lied to you and you were, in fact, a mile away.
LVMH

azaghal1981

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2015, 09:20:16 am »
I did walk up to the barricade as we were hanging around for a bit afterward.
Plus Joe was hell bent on being up close.
احمد

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2015, 09:21:25 am »
I did walk up to the barricade as we were hanging around for a bit afterward.
OK, fair enough.
LVMH

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2015, 09:22:35 am »
Seth, might I make some suggestions for improvements at Echostage please?

1. Provide free water. There is free water at the 930 and water fountains at Merriweather. Yet patrons have to pay $5 for a bottle of water at Echostage?

2. Allow taxis and Uber to actually come to the front of the venue rather than having to wait down the street at the bottom of the hill. Also, call a taxi company when a show is letting out to let them know there is tons of business to be had so there are actually taxis waiting. There were dozens of people trying to find taxis.

3. Raise the height of the stage. A foot or two would make a vast improvement for those of us that are short and/or standing further back in the venue.

4. Improve the A/C. We were standing in an area that wasn't particularly packed and it was still a sweat fest.

Thanks!

Lily1

it's not my venue, but let me see if I can get them to work on these

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2015, 09:37:14 am »
Really enjoyed B&S. Sound was great by me, around 5 or 6 deep.

Liked Alvvays, but the vocals were lost in the mix.

Men's restroom at Echo is insanely great; but we sure don't need the bathroom attendant.

emmanuel

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2015, 09:39:59 am »
We got there early and A/C was quite strong, even too cold near the front. Perhaps it has to do with location.

About the sound, if you are in the first 5 rows, it doesn't matter too much what size is the venue since you mostly get the sound from the stage. The mix there wasn't perfect like all venues (low vocals), but it was OK. Also the view is more than fine from there. So overall Echostage isn't bad.

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2015, 09:41:54 am »
I still thought the sound was off and we were only a row or two back. Vocals sounded like they were coming from a mile away.

To be fair, you have to be open to the possibility that someone lied to you and you were, in fact, a mile away.
I was totally going to make a joke on this, but I'm glad that Jules took care of that for me :)
slack

lily1

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2015, 09:51:47 am »

1. Provide free water. There is free water at the 930 and water fountains at Merriweather. Yet patrons have to pay $5 for a bottle of water at Echostage?

2. Allow taxis and Uber to actually come to the front of the venue rather than having to wait down the street at the bottom of the hill. Also, call a taxi company when a show is letting out to let them know there is tons of business to be had so there are actually taxis waiting. There were dozens of people trying to find taxis.

3. Raise the height of the stage. A foot or two would make a vast improvement for those of us that are short and/or standing further back in the venue.

4. Improve the A/C. We were standing in an area that wasn't particularly packed and it was still a sweat fest.

Thanks!

Lily1

Thanks Seth. Much appreciated!  :)

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2015, 10:01:28 am »

Thanks!

Lily1

that why Seth rocks!

slack