Author Topic: decemberists  (Read 4487 times)

Annad

Re: decemberists
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2006, 12:31:00 am »
so apparently they will have the updated shows tomorrow...which means thats when they're on sale?

anyone know what time?

Darth Ed

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2006, 03:48:00 am »
Originally posted by Annad:
  so apparently they will have the updated shows tomorrow...which means thats when they're on sale?

anyone know what time?
http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?organ_val=3595  does not list any Decemberists shows going on sale tomorrow. Try again next week and/or sign up for the e-newsletter and the regular newsletter. Refer to the FAQ forum for more info. The aforementioned URL will tell you what time tickets go on sale.

nkotb

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2006, 07:53:00 am »
Man, thanks for commenting on that Bags.  These kids today...

Originally posted by Bags:

Originally posted by lyla:
 it's looking like i'm going to have to get up at 10AM everyday and call to find out if tickets are on sale.  not only would this make me tired, but i think i'd also end up watching my sanity slowly shrivel away.
wow, you have an extremely charmed life that getting up at 10:00 a.m. would cause you to be so exhausted.  I want your life, lyla!! [/b]

ggw

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2006, 12:37:00 am »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa08:

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Anybody else heard the new album?

It may be a low point.  Not bad; simply unspectacular.
i read somewhere that it's more like The Tain than their other LPs ... does that sound right? [/b]
After a couple more spins, I may have to modify my opinion.  There are no instant winners on the album, as there are on the others, but it's a pretty solid album.  Definite '70s vibe going on with some of the tunes -- echoes of Jethro Tull on The Island..., disco-punk on Perfect Crime, a hint of Sabbath/Zeppelin on When the War Came.  There's also the patented Meloy storytelling on other tunes.  They definitely spread their wings much more on this album.  A little bit of the Tain, perhaps, but not quite so bloated.

All in all, I think it's a strong effort.  But I think some people might get a little put-off by the departure from their usual sound.

dutch618

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2006, 03:46:00 pm »
Tickets.com now has the shows listed and tickets are available (2 ticket limit).  Not sure why the shows still aren't listed on the 9:30 website, though.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2006, 03:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by dutch618:
  Tickets.com now has the shows listed and tickets are available (2 ticket limit).  Not sure why the shows still aren't listed on the 9:30 website, though.
it means it's on soft sale   :)  
 soft sales are not listed on the website,
 just like the Trail of Dead show, or Joan Jett.
 I checked and it looks like there is a 10-ticket limit.
(_|_)

I Dare

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2006, 08:05:00 am »
got mine for both nights  :)