Author Topic: Lollapaschedule  (Read 2801 times)

Bags

Re: Lollapaschedule
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005, 01:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
  weren't people complaining on the coachella thread that this article's basic premise that "the bands will be better in individual shows instead of a huge smorgasborg" was "flat-out wrong" and "not even arguable"?
Not me...The advantage to big festival shows is catching new bands while knowing you'll see a few sets you know you'll enjoy.  But, I think the reason I miss most festivals is that nearly every band gets through town on their own.  It may not be 'cost-effective,' but I love seeing bands play the local venues.

I don't hate festivals, but can certainly relate to the pains associated.  That said, I'm planning on ACL (if my friend gets around to getting a room).

filthypit

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2005, 02:48:00 pm »
i've done lollapolooza, coachella, inland invasion et al, but-
 last year's HFStival cured me of ever going to another festival.  i promptly sold my pit tix to curiosa festival after a day in RFK stadium w/ 68,000 of my closest friends...
 they must have been my closest friends because virtually every single person there felt compelled to rub their body fluids on me and i only do that w/ people i love.

sonickteam2

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2005, 03:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by filthypit:
   every single person there felt compelled to rub their body fluids on me and i only do that w/ people i love.
this coming from someone who calls themselves "filthypit"   ;)

amnesiac

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2005, 04:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by filthypit:
 i promptly sold my pit tix to curiosa festival after a day in RFK stadium w/ 68,000 of my closest friends...

Wasn't Curiosa at Merriweather? That's worlds apart from RFK. Pit tix for that show would have been amazing...

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2005, 09:51:00 pm »
Afterparties have been posted on the Lolla site. I'm too tired to type them up here. Oh and Anton of BJM promises to join the Dandies on stage. I'm not sure if it will be at the Lolla set or at the BJM afterparty. But I will definitely be at both.

Bags

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2005, 11:23:00 pm »
I've decided and booked Austin City Limits.  Will be my first out of town, multi-day festival besides Jazzfest.  I always want to go, but haven't gotten it together yet.   Though Lolla looks cool...

LRHippo

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2005, 09:46:00 am »
Nevermind

Bartelby

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2005, 09:58:00 am »
Bags:  Altho ACL is a blast, it doesn't hold a candle to VooDoo Fest in New Orleans. If you can only catch ONE between now and December, I'd suggest Voodoo...of course, "both" is the BEST option.  :cool:  Line-up for Voodoo will simply get better over the next few months.