Author Topic: please help  (Read 2651 times)

filthypit

Re: please help
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2005, 02:29:00 pm »
i think running for your life (while blind drunk) after a show is all part of the 9.30 club experience - isn't it?

Bags

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 11:53:00 am »
So, I went to the Get Up Kids show last night, clearly[/] completely unaware of what to expect.  Holy moly -- really young, really energetic crowd singing every word, crowd surging, moderate moshing, lots of fist punching.  

It's really interesting -- I'm in my, ahem, late 30s.  I read about "On a Wire" in Magnet or something on my way out to California, happened upon the album at Amoeba and picked it up.  I really liked it, with a couple of standout songs.  I had no idea they were this emo thing.  Hence, I was pretty surprised at the show.  And apparently I picked up their least loved album by their fanbase, as they played little from it (I skipped the encore, where they most likely played my two or three favorite songs...).

It was fun and exciting, but a little beyond me (though I would and will act the same way at upcoming Foo Fighters, Sloan or Cheap Trick shows...).

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2005, 12:00:00 pm »
so what ever happened to shady milkman?  did her dad let her go with you to the show?  did you get mugged?
(o|o)

Bags

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2005, 12:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
  so what ever happened to shady milkman?  did her dad let her go with you to the show?  did you get mugged?
I was wondering that during the show!  I'd love to find out, but chances are he's a temprorary poster who had his question answered.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2005, 12:13:00 pm »
a 9 hour round trip across state lines with an underage girl? the u st area is the least of the worries, i would think. dude should have told him its more like the south side than beltzhoover
o/\o