Author Topic: Go Home  (Read 2969 times)

Dandy01

Re: Go Home
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2004, 04:51:00 pm »
we were open as well, had to use vacay time to be off.

saco

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2004, 05:02:00 pm »
I think an important but never mentioned fact at times like this is that when it comes down to it, most white collar jobs in this city are not as important as the people who have them (or want them) think they are.  

We essentially shut down the city for snow, for hurricanes, for World Bank protests for god sakes!

The world will keep moving (likely better) if all of us bureaucrats don't show up.

Celeste

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2004, 05:15:00 pm »
yeah, but the blue collar road crew types, they are truly needed on days like this...cheers for them...

our office is open but most people came up with  excuses and I'm the only one here (it's hard for me to say I can't come in when I live a two mile walk from my office) Fixin' to go home soon though

Bags

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2004, 04:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dandy01:
  we were open as well, had to use vacay time to be off.
We were open as well, but when it turned out that I was the only employee of 22 planning to come in, they caved and gave us the day off.  Woowoo!

kbrooks0o0

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2004, 12:51:00 am »
HERE is the reason.  Utah is better equiped to deal with snow then we are, yes we aren't horrible, but we have shit compared to likes of Buffalo and whatnot.  They get 7 feet of snow and go to school a day later, if not the same day.  Here we have dumbasses who don't know how to drive in the snow, massive traffic, thus leading to the governments solution.