Author Topic: Hey alright, if i get by.....  (Read 7827 times)

ggw

Re: Hey alright, if i get by.....
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2006, 04:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Surly Bonds:
  ggw has admitted on this bboard he fancies boat shoes & Patagonia.    :)  
Yes, but only if I'm out on the Bay taking my Hinckley over to St. Michaels.

sonickteam2

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2006, 05:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by Relaxer:
  Everyone thinks having a tailor is bourgeoisie but there's nothing better than having clothes that you "designed" from the feet up, and they fit you perfectly. And there are plenty of reasonable tailors (usually Asian) who do a great job and can bring it in at a price less than retail Banana, JOB or BB.

I get a lot of praise for my suits, and none of them cost more than $500, and most of them were around $300. And you can designate exactly what kind of collars, sleeves, pleats, colors, etc. you want.
Jos A Bank tailors your suits for you! i pick out the style and color and they fit me and then i pick them up a couple weeks later.  shirts are a different story but being a tall slender person with semi-broad shoulders and no beer gut, its pretty easy to find dress shirts that fit me fine as is.

i would never by a sports jacket or suit pants without having them tailored to me first.

and furthermore, where i work has a corporate acct with JOB. they have lots of sales.  just last month i bought 2 suits and a pair of shoes for $750. (would've been over $1600 if i hadnt hit the sale)

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2006, 05:53:00 pm »
It's hard to believe you guys have corporate jobs and post as often as you do on this board. I thought such wasting of time was specific to government jobs.

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2006, 05:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

ggw has admitted on this bboard he fancies boat shoes & Patagonia.     :)  
Yes, but only if I'm out on the Bay taking my Hinckley over to St. Michaels. [/b]
My sister works in St.Michaels.

sonickteam2

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2006, 05:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by Steny Hoyer, Pubic Destroyer:
  So are you saying that the typical suburban Washingtonian looks like the typical American? Because when I get anywhere more than a handful of miles beyond the Beltway, I don't see the resemblance.

the typical washingtonian suburban looks a lot like the typical Boston suburban, and the typical Chicago suburban and the typical New York suburban and the typical Philly suburban.

i would say that more people dress the way you dress on a more regular basis than people who wear sports jerseys.  by far.  

and lets not forget the people on the way to those capitals games are washington suburbans. some of them probably live near you and work near you and "gasp" shop at the same stores you do!!!!

ggw

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2006, 07:04:00 pm »

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

ggw has admitted on this bboard he fancies boat shoes & Patagonia.      :)    
Yes, but only if I'm out on the Bay taking my Hinckley over to St. Michaels. [/b]
My sister works in St.Michaels. [/b]
How much for half-and-half?

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2006, 12:35:00 pm »
Watch it.  She's an oinker too.  She'll cuff you & throw you in the pokey.