Author Topic: Anywhere to Eat  (Read 4362 times)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
Re: Anywhere to Eat
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2005, 05:31:00 pm »
Ben's Chili Bowl -- overrated and only worth it if there's not a mob scene
 Lauriol Plaza -- mediocre tex-mex fare, a favorite locale of the type of herd-following people who'll go to a restaurant simply because there's a line outside, and more importantly for this thread, nowhere near the 9:30 club
 Polly's -- has gone way downhill
 Black Cat -- decent lasagna, burgers, vegan food

if you're the adventurous type, there's a carryout restaurant on 9th Street just south of U which has great Moroccan food at a reasonable price, as well as more standard fare.  There's a Pakistani carryout place on U Street, somewhere near 13th, which has some good spicy south Asian food as well as the obligatory giant pizza slice.  Decent Ethiopian food at 11th and U.  There are a bunch of decent restaurant choices nearby but I think the original questioner is looking for something cheap and quick.  :)
_\|/_

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2005, 05:39:00 pm »
five guys burgers on georgia is an option...

and speaking of mexican how about Toucan Taco in Laurel...
T.Rex

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2005, 05:55:00 pm »
Ya know, I'll have to check that out -- it never occurs to me to head east (to Georgia Ave) instead of west, when in search of food.  I guess you could say Georgia's not on my mind!
_\|/_

lily1

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2005, 09:21:00 pm »
the islander on 12th and u. good carribbean food. i recommend the shrimp roti and homemade ginger beer, or sorrel drink. cheap too.

saco

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2005, 12:22:00 am »
Coppi's.

Bags

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2005, 01:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by Markie doesn't like me  :( :
  if you're the adventurous type, there's a carryout restaurant on 9th Street just south of U which has great Moroccan food at a reasonable price, as well as more standard fare.  There's a Pakistani carryout place on U Street, somewhere near 13th, which has some good spicy south Asian food as well as the obligatory giant pizza slice.  
But where would you eat carryout if you're on the way to the Club?  Not an area with lovely benches along the streets....

Bags

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2005, 01:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by saco:
  Coppi's.
YUM....though it can be crowded and it's not quick.  And I wouldn't call it cheap (though it's not expensive, really...)