Author Topic: those nike hipsters  (Read 5213 times)

Jaguär

Re: those nike hipsters
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2005, 11:56:00 pm »
I prefer my Shoegazers. At least, that's what I call them. A pair of trainers that I bought brand new off of Rachel Staggs for $2. Get lots of compliments on them too and they are very comfortable and just my color. Well, maybe that would be colour considering that she bought them while in the UK working on an EP with Monster Movie which is Christian Savil's band from Slowdive. Rachel is the talent behind Experimental Aircraft and also in the newly formed Eau Claire with Jessica Baliff. See, they truly are Shoegazers.   :D  

Fuck Nike!
 Who needs them?

Mobius

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2005, 12:08:00 am »
Asics

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2005, 06:51:00 am »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
 yeah, this is exactly what i was thinking, and makes  total sense ... i just think minor threat is one of those bands that people don't really listen to, but extoll their greatness regularly (DC actually has a few of them, rites of spring anyone?)
i sort of agree that Minor Theat's "Complete Discography" can be a bit overkill, but that Rites of Spring record is nothing short of incredible. I still listen to that one pretty regularly.

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2005, 07:56:00 am »
I have been wearing New Balance,Asics,K-Swiss and sometimes Adidas for YEARS! Haven't bought a pair of Nike or Reebok shoes in I don't know how long......

TheREALHunter

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2005, 08:00:00 am »
Originally posted by amnesiac:
  Nike Pulls Major Threat Ad, Issues Apology

June 27, 2005

To: Minor Threat, Dischord Records and fans of both

Re: Major Threat East Coast Tour Poster

Nike Skateboarding sincerely apologizes for the creation of a tour poster inspired by Minor Threat's album cover. Despite rumors being circulated, Wieden & Kennedy and Odopod had nothing to do with the creation of this tour poster and should not be held accountable. To set the record straight, Nike Skateboarding's "Major Threat" Tour poster was designed, executed and promoted by skateboarders, for skateboarders. All of Nike employees responsible for the creation of the tour flyer are fans of both Minor Threat and Dischord Records and have nothing but respect for both.

Minor Threat's music and iconographic album cover have been an inspiration to countless skateboarders since the album came out in 1984. And for members of the Nike Skateboarding staff, this is no different. Because of the album's strong imagery and because our East Coast tour ends in Washington, DC, we felt that it was a perfect fit. This was a poor judgment call and should not have been executed without consulting Minor Threat and Dischord Records.

We apologize for any problems this may have caused, and want to make very clear that we have no relationship with the members of Minor Threat, Dischord Records and they have not endorsed our products.

Every effort has been made to remove and dispose of all flyers (both print and digital). Again, Nike Skateboarding sincerely apologizes to Minor Threat and Dischord Records.

Sincerely,
 Nike Skateboarding
I'm an unabashed Nike wearer but I find it funny that they tried to qualify their apology/retraction with their knowlege of "Minor Threat Facts" which are wrong on all counts.  
 Good work Dischord, you now just made free flyers for a free skate demo instantly collectible.
 Next step: Shut down all ebay auctions selling the flyers!    :D

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2005, 11:55:00 am »
I picked up a girl on the Metro when I was 20 because she liked my Chucks.  And that's what it's all about.
_\|/_

amnesiac

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2005, 12:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by Doctor Doom:
  I picked up a girl on the Metro when I was 20 because she liked my Chucks.  And that's what it's all about.
What color? My black ones don't seem to do the trick...