Author Topic: The Doors?  (Read 3069 times)

Re: The Doors?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2005, 01:53:00 pm »
$90 for that show and the NY Dolls the next night.

I think I could get a better show for much cheaper by going to a couple of nursing homes and leading the residents in Xmas carols.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Jonas Grumby:

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  The Doors are one of my most hated classic rock bands...and I saw the Cult circa 1990 and they were awful.
Then I gather you have your tickets already in hand,this would be a night of sheer bliss I would assume!!! [/b][/QUOTE]

smakawhat

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2005, 11:43:00 pm »
I remember back in my old home city, The Cult opened for Metallica and got booed off the stage.  I think it was the And Justice tour..

However they then came back after the Sonic Temple/Bob Cock album and people went to the show..

go figure...

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2005, 12:34:00 am »
Originally posted by smakawhat:
  I remember back in my old home city, The Cult opened for Metallica and got booed off the stage.  I think it was the And Justice tour..

Metallica is highly overrated...  and apparently their fans are assholes, too, for booing an opening band off the stage unless they did something really egregious.
_\|/_

Relaxer

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2005, 10:02:00 am »
Originally posted by Doctor Doom:

Metallica is highly overrated...  and apparently their fans are assholes, too, for booing an opening band off the stage unless they did something really egregious. [/b]
Before their self-titled album, Metallica was a gritty raw speed-metal band who rarely got played on the radio and only grudgingly made their first video (for One). I also saw the And Justice For All tour and the all-male crowd there was the same that went to see Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax.

So if a slightly foppish, British glam/retro metal band opened up, I could totally see the metal-heads going nuts. That's just a bad match-up. Metallica definitely got mainstream in the 90s, but before that, I can't imagine hearing songs about 'all my beautiful friends' and 'pictures of never ending dreams'.
oword

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2005, 08:11:00 pm »

However they then came back after the Sonic Temple/Bob Cock album and people went to the show..

go figure...
I saw this tour down in Richmond.  I've seen the Cult a few times live and even though I used to like a few of their records it's always been completely forgettable.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2005, 09:11:00 pm »
The Cult put on a great show in 1985.  Let's face it, they're has-beens (like Metallica).  But they did have their moment.
_\|/_

TheREALHunter

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2005, 07:50:00 am »

go figure...
That was Summer of '89 so Sonic Temple was already out.  
 Perhaps "Fire yeah baby mama comeon yeah daddy Woman" hadn't hit the radio yet.   :D