Author Topic: DC9 "official" opening, free drinks  (Read 5581 times)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
Re: DC9 "official" opening, free drinks
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2004, 02:58:00 pm »
DC-9 was great last night... Bagster, nice to see you and nice to meet your friends.  Nice to see you too Medusa! That place is definitely a keeper as a regular hangout... although I'm sure the free drinks won't last indefinitely     :(    

oh, ps, as far as frat boys go -- bottom line is that anyone who goes to college and has to join a frat in order to have a social life is most likely a loser!  You don't really need to know many of them to figure that out.  Even the ones who were relatively OK were that way in spite of their fratboy status, not because of it.

http://www.alex.to/doomlink
_\|/_

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2004, 03:05:00 pm »
What about clubs like African-American Student Associations, or Gay and Lesbian Student Alliances, or College radio stations, or...the list goes on an on.

I'm far from a frat boy type, and I was never the type to join clubs (but then again I was always more of a loner anyway). But I don't see why joining a club where you feel in synch with some of the other members makes you a loser.

Originally posted by Doctor Doom:

oh, ps, as far as frat boys go -- bottom line is that anyone who goes to college and has to join a club in order to have a social life is a loser!  You don't really need to know many of them to figure that out.

http://www.alex.to/doomlink

vervelike

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2004, 07:41:00 pm »
I went to DC9 after the shows.
 I missed the free drinks but still managed to pay for a couple I really did not need at that hour.
 I dig the selections in the jukebox.

Bags

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2004, 11:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by Medusa:

Originally posted by chimblysweep:
 [QB] So, did *anyone* go to DC9??

I was there!  It was tons of fun and I loved every moment.  Great to see a crowd there, and lovely seeing Bags again!   :)  

Cheers

DJ Medusa. [/b]
A HA!  Medusa, I didn't realize *you* were Medusa!  I passed on the word on the Blue Room Strangeways night Sunday...hope it worked out with a big crowd and lots of fun.

I had a blast at DC9 -- way more fun than I should be having on a thursday night.  I wanted to at least check out the Walkmen, but there was actual *dancing*, and songs I wanted to find out the info on -- that never happens for me at DJ things.  Although, suddenly there seem to be quite a few around, and I'm really enjoying it.  Yeah Medusa, Trickster, the DC9 owners and crew, and the 9:30 club forum for passing the word around.  (I just got back from Key West; I'm all full of love and...tequila remnants....).