Author Topic: Dave Gahan, anyone care to comment?  (Read 2978 times)

mjnova

Re: Dave Gahan, anyone care to comment?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2003, 09:52:00 am »
Originally posted by rnrgirl76:
  I had a free ticket to the Gahan show thanks to a friend. I thought it was an amazing show. In my opinion, Gahan redefined what a true rock show is all about. It was a complete package that I enjoyed. I wasn't familiar with any of the solo music only the DM material. I was impressed not only with the production associated with the show but also the level of involvment from the crowd. I haven't seen a crowd that involved in a show since KISS in Detroit Rock City.
I've found that lead singers who write subpar knock offs of music from their former bands often redefine what a true rock show is.  Obviously.

I went up to NYC to the see the New Deal that night.  Now that was a show.  I danced for 6 hours straight that night.

walkman

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2003, 12:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by mjnova:
 I went up to NYC to the see the New Deal that night.  Now that was a show.  I danced for 6 hours straight that night. [/QB]
Great band.  I saw them in Toronto back in 2000, and danced for  7 hours straight.

BlueStar

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2003, 01:17:00 pm »
I agree that the crowd at the Dave Gahan show was the best I have EVER seen at the 9:30 Club.  It was an amazing show.  The Depeche Mode were a fabulous treat.  And the songs on his solo album are a lot better live.  It was easily one of the best shows I've seen this year.

mcrosby

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2003, 04:06:00 pm »
For starters I must confess, I’m more of a lurker than a poster on this site, but I WILL say that I trust this site more than any other outside source, for reviews of shows, CD’s, bands, venues, and general info.  Without sounding like I’m wearing kneepads, I’ll just say it’s a GREAT resource.  

As for the David Gahan show, I was there free of charge and *still* enjoyed the show.  I wouldn’t say it was truly great or amazing, but I totally enjoyed it.  The crowd and the DM songs def made it worthwhile.  

I haven’t seen a CROWD this excited since The Flaming Lips, and even then there wasn’t as much simpatico mojo.  I kid you not.  He had EVERYONE on the floor, the balconies, EVERYWHERE with their arms waving and singing along.  It was pretty damn cool in that respect.  

Personally I’m not a big enough David Gahan fan to pay $40 to see him, BUT hearing a few DM hits and seeing the crowd was definitely worth a trip to the club and my (usually coveted) Sunday night.