Author Topic: Howard Stern and SIRIUS  (Read 2749 times)

Jaguär

Re: Howard Stern and SIRIUS
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2004, 12:33:00 am »
Sirius has Howard.

We have Rhett.

flawd101

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2004, 05:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  Sirius has Howard.

We have Rhett.
and we don't have to pay...

i would rather have howard so i can say i know him and maybe get a little action before i leave high school.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2004, 06:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  well, if they announced that they were gonna start having mlb play-by-play, since they already have nfl and nhl, that would be way bigger news, at least for me.
if they had the nba, i'd be all in. hell, nfl+howard is almost enough. especially if they have the local. i'd sell my soul for some myron cope.
o/\o

Bags

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2004, 06:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by rigsby:
  bags dont you listen to ron and fez, these guys are so funny.
 106.7  7pm-11pm then one hour is repeated the next day at 11-12 after stern.
Nope, I don't like ANY other goofey talk radio.  It's just a Howard thing with me.  I started listening to him in New York when I was in college -- always at the end of an all-nighter of studying or writing a paper.  I started listening to him down here because he was a familiar voice, and after so long I know the whole crew so well.  I don't listen for the strippers, I listen for the inter-personal exchanges.  And these days, the GW-bashing.

There is no substitute, I will never listen to Imus or Opie and Anthony or the Zoo or Mike and whomever.....  I understand not getting it.  It's enough to get me to subscribe to Sirius, though.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2004, 09:17:00 pm »
well. . .xm is gonna get baseball:

Associated Press
 Source: XM Radio Signs Deal With Baseball
 Tuesday October 19, 7:14 pm ET
 By Seth Sutel, AP Business Writer

Source: XM Satellite Radio Signs 11-Year Programming Deal With Major League Baseball

NEW YORK (AP) -- XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. is raising the ante in its programming battle with rival Sirius Satellite Radio Inc., signing an 11-year programming deal with Major League Baseball that could be worth even more than the $500 million pact Sirius recently made with shock jock Howard Stern, a person familiar with the matter said late Tuesday.

The deal would put baseball games for every major league team on XM's service beginning next year, according to the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity. The story was first reported in The Sports Business Daily, a newspaper published by Street & Smith's Sports Group.

Officials from both Major League Baseball and XM declined to comment, but MLB notified reporters late Tuesday that baseball commissioner Bud Selig would have a news conference Wednesday morning with Hugh Panero, the CEO of XM Satellite Radio.

The deal would be worth $470 million in cash over eight years, with Major League Baseball having the option to extend the arrangement by up to three additional years at $60 million per year. That would make the deal potentially worth up to $650 million.

The back-to-back deals highlight the mounting competition between XM and Sirius, both of which are spending heavily on programming in an effort to attract new subscribers.

Washington-based XM is currently leading the way with 2.5 million subscribers to its pay service, while Sirius announced Tuesday that its subscription list has exceeded 700,000. Sirius, based in New York, said it is on track to reach 1 million subscribers by the end of the year.
OU812