Author Topic: Is anyone going to THE SLICKEE BOYS?  (Read 6027 times)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
Re: Is anyone going to THE SLICKEE BOYS?
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2007, 09:27:00 am »
Oh ok... were you also the guy who had to throw that kid off the stage?
_\|/_

Sir HC

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2007, 09:59:00 am »
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  Oh ok... were you also the guy who had to throw that kid off the stage?
No that was security.  I don't usually do that (I might do it wrong, grab too hard what not).  The red shirted guy was with the group.

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2007, 10:22:00 am »
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  somehow Jim Beam seems more apropos for the Slickees... my bad.

Anyway, Sir HC, if you were in the background of my photos, you must have been in one of the bands, which one?

Graaace, I'm pretty sure I saw you and your dad up at the front of the stage.  As the most stylin' person in the room, you were easy to spot.  Anyway, if that was you, it looked like you both were totally digging it.   Music is often a divider between generations, and it is so cool that that is something you can both enjoy.
Music has definitely played that role with us.  He's one of those people who is massively into Bruce Springsteen and he's been taking me to see him since I was tiny.  I think I've seen him over twenty times.  Its great to come home from school and have your dad say "Pack your bags, father/daughter trip to Philly this weekend to go see the Boss."

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2007, 10:34:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  what was the first song played after rustbucket's set, something about whistling?  rawked.
Here Today - "Whistle in the Yard" (per twangirl's setlist)

I thought it was by Vigil, but a quick search of the internets shows they're actually the same band with different names.  Each one recorded this song.   I can help you out with the Vigil version, if you want it.