Author Topic: Best hockey bar in DC?  (Read 1721 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Best hockey bar in DC?
« on: May 17, 2007, 12:23:00 am »
maybe I should have posted this in the "eve of a new season (north of the border edition)"... so sue me    :)  

where's the best place in DC to catch game 5 (and any potential future games) of the Sens-Sabres series?  somewhere around Verizon Center, i assume?  all suggestions appreciated, particularly those that include hi-def and commentary.  i fully expected to come back from the monkeys show to hear that the sens had made it into the cup finals, looks like that will have to go to another night.  just want to make sure i'm watching the game when that does finally goes down (knock on wood)... being a national capital region native, it's a moment i don't want to miss.
<sig>

slappy

Re: Best hockey bar in DC?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 12:50:00 am »
Bugsy's in Old Town Alexandria on King Street.
 They got a bunch of new Plasma HDTVs.
 Decent pizza too. Bugsy's Sports Bar & Pizza

Ventnor Sports Cafe in Adams Morgan is ok but they may turn down the TV volume for a DJ.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 02:41:00 am »
GO FLYERS!  (And its hard to say that after the season that just passed...)
FUKIT

xcanuck

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 10:33:00 am »
There is no such thing as a hockey bar in DC. You'll be REALLY lucky to get anyone to turn the game on. If you really want to watch in a DC bar, try ESPNZone. Otherwise, I heartily second slappy's recommendation of Bugsy's. Owned by an ex-NHLer and full of cool hockey memorabilia.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 11:52:00 am »
Originally posted by xcanuck:
  There is no such thing as a hockey bar in DC. You'll be REALLY lucky to get anyone to turn the game on. If you really want to watch in a DC bar, try ESPNZone. Otherwise, I heartily second slappy's recommendation of Bugsy's. Owned by an ex-NHLer and full of cool hockey memorabilia.
i was in a sports bar in NYC and they had advertised theyd be showing all the NHL games. I was so excited. Anyway the game came on and the waitress/bartender chick refused to put on the hockey game. said some people had to see a yankees game. took all my control not to strangle her. i was close to getting the owner to turn it on, and i should have, because i spend way too much money at that bar. now i just refuse to go there. ill watch the games on my 50" TV in HD* if I'm home   :D   *(assuming game is in HD)
HeyLa