Author Topic: Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah, they're a young band that  (Read 5914 times)

Tom Servo

Re: Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah, they're a young band that
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2005, 03:20:00 pm »
I first heard them on WOXY.  Don't know if they got more play there because of pitchfork or not.

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2005, 03:26:00 pm »
So which bands have recieved the biggest boost in sales from BigYawn?

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2005, 03:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Earl Blanton Jr., Late Model Champ:
  So which bands have recieved the biggest boost in sales from BigYawn?
Hmm... probably Slipknot after we gave them that 8.5.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2005, 09:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by Barcelona:

Originally posted by Jaguar:
  Without going into detail, I have good reason to suspect that The Black Angels will probably be playing at Coachella next year.

Don't know anything about the Hand Clappers and couldn't care less. That has nothing whatsoever to do with Pitchfork since I have no idea what is going on there since I never bother with it. And that has nothing whatsoever to do with being or not being 'hip' as I couldn't care less what any faux hipsters think. In the end, it's all about the music.
if at the end it's all about the music and you don't know anything about Clap your... why don't give it a try, you might or might not like them, but listen to them, otherwise you are prejudging them based on who knows what, which probably makes you another cool indie music fan. [/b]
I meant that I have no idea if the Hand Clappers will be playing at Coachella.        :roll:        With that said, I'm still not taken with their music.

And I fully agree with GGW that there is more to life than Pitchfork. There are tons of sites and outlets that collectively help to promote bands. It's just that Pitchfork gets a lot more credit for this than they sometimes deserve though they do pull in a big share. Have to give credit where credit is do even if I'm not of their readership.

Personally, I don't think it's a bad site by any means though I have my problems with them. I find that I only end up clicking on their site about once every 4 or 5 months. Not that I'm avoiding them. I just find that they don't interest me enough so I very rarely end up there. When I do, it's usually because I've followed someone's link. I've got my own network of friends and much smaller sites elsewhere and they do me just fine for the time being.

While on the subject, I'll take this opportunity to retract some comment I made regarding one of Pitchfork's praises. (Have no clue which thread that I made it in.) Someone (GGW, I think) noted that Pitchfork; as also stated by GGW above; predicted that Sarena Maneesh would take off and I said that I had only seen 1 video and thought they were overrated. Well, since then I've heard more and have been highly impressed. Not convinced the run of the mill hipster will be taken with them but I suspect that once more people hear them, they will have more fans. It's we Shoegazers and Psychedelic fans who will enjoy them along with several others riding someone's wagon, be it Pitchfork or whomever.