Author Topic: NBA Dress Code  (Read 2521 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: NBA Dress Code
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 04:59:00 am »
With Iverson as one of your ambassadors I don't see any problem at all. BRING ON THE BLING!

..and muschi, they're not shorts any more, they're longs!

millard

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 02:03:00 pm »
While this is a worthy argument. It works both ways. You can still represent whatever you want, whether it be hip-hop culture, redneck culture, etc. and still adhere to any dress code while at work. Regular folks do it all the time. They wear a suit by day, and change into whatever they deem appropriate at night.
 So what if Iverson can't put on his bling till after he's done for the day. Do these guys think it'll tarnish their image if, god forbid, they wear a suit when working.
 And a clothing allowance? That's even more ridiculous than the racist allogations.

From the si article:
  Added Golden State guard Jason Richardson: "They want to sway away from the hip-hop generation. You think of hip-hop right now and think of things that happen like gangs having shootouts in front of radio stations.

Richardson added that nicer clothing wasn't necessarily the best way to determine the character of the players.

"You still wear a suit, you still could be a crook," Richardson said in Oakland, Calif. "You see all what happened with Enron and Martha Stewart. Just because you dress a certain way doesn't mean you're that way.

"Hey, a guy could come in with baggy jeans, a do-rag and have a Ph.D., and a person who comes in with a suit could be a three-time felon. So, it's not what you wear, it's how you present yourself."

muschi

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2005, 02:17:00 pm »
"You still wear a suit, you still could be a crook," like "Enron and Martha Stewart"

"Hey, a guy could come in with baggy jeans, a do-rag and have a Ph.D." [and it sometimes snows in miami]

as dr evil wouldve said "riiiiiightttttttttt".

bullshit.

i can usually decern a scumbag and an educated person -- both dressed in the same clothes. its the facial look and body mannerisms. if i see the clothes i check for the rest. but the clothes r the first indicator but not completely. i luv these simplistic explanations by the left and the right. ppl dont mock the left esp minorities bc of reverse discrimination. and i hate BS of all kinds. im an equal opportunity hater.

oh and by the way ken lay and martha stewart types never left me for dead on the street. thats the difference. theres a reason they play bball as opposed to something else, they r not known for their brilliance.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2005, 02:20:00 pm »
my first indicator is whether or not they spell out 'are'
o/\o

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2005, 02:23:00 pm »
What about how they spell the word "discern"? Or maybe just using that word indicated being educated?

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:

godsshoeshine

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 02:33:00 pm »
i'm not too concerned with spelling, or even grammar too much. abbreviating a three letter word just screams 'don't read my post'
Originally posted by Xavier Bush, Power Forward:
  What about how they spell the word "discern"? Or maybe just using that word indicated being educated?

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
[/b]
o/\o

muschi

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 02:36:00 pm »
sute yerself wat due eye cair