Author Topic: The Walkmen. Bad audio. Who is to blame?  (Read 8914 times)

thirsty moore

Re: The Walkmen. Bad audio. Who is to blame?
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2004, 05:56:00 pm »
Mogwai at the new Ottobar is the loudest show I've ever seen.  I don't know what I would have done if NKOTBIE didn't bring a pair of earplugs for me.

walkman

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2004, 06:12:00 pm »
MANOWAR!! WORLDS LOUDEST LIVE BAND!!

From the official bio:

When Manowar joined forces with a new label, they signed their recording contract in blood (becoming the first band to demonstrate their commitment this way). Their second release, "Into Glory Ride" featured the debut of Scott Columbus, a man so viscous with the sticks that standard drum kits simply fell to pieces under his awesome attack-hence the need for custom built, stainless steel drums.

Recorded and mixed in six days, Manowar's third album was titled "Hall to England." It heralded the band's debut tour of Great Britain. Not since the Vikings invaded northeast England in 878 had the isles seen such all-consuming power. The whole of Europe fell prey to Manowar with the "Spectacle Of Might" tour as the band slashed and burned their way across the Continent in support of their forth album, "Sign Of The Hammer." It was then that Manowar entered the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's loudest band.

RAAAAWWWWKKKK!!!

oh yeah and I think Explosions in the Sky is the loudest band I've ever seen...although City of Caterpillar, Ex Models and An Albatross all came close.

Sir HC

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2004, 06:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  The Jesus and Mary Chain in 1992 was pretty damn loud, too...I heard My Bloody Valentine in 1991 was so loud that people were actually going to the bathroom to stuff their ears with toilet paper. Seemed like for a while there bands were just loud as hell...I saw Helmet, Jawbox, and the Jesus Lizard all in the same week and they were all ear-splitting shows. Ministry too.
Saw MBV in 1992 at Hammerjacks.  Wore plugs, needed plugs.  They ended with You Made Me Realise and did 10 minutes of pure noise at maximum volume.  First time I have seen that many people with hands on ears.  Still was an amazing show.

Sir HC

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2004, 06:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkie hearts you all:
  MANOWAR!! WORLDS LOUDEST LIVE BAND!!

From the official bio:

When Manowar joined forces with a new label, they signed their recording contract in blood (becoming the first band to demonstrate their commitment this way). Their second release, "Into Glory Ride" featured the debut of Scott Columbus, a man so viscous with the sticks that standard drum kits simply fell to pieces under his awesome attack-hence the need for custom built, stainless steel drums.

Recorded and mixed in six days, Manowar's third album was titled "Hall to England." It heralded the band's debut tour of Great Britain. Not since the Vikings invaded northeast England in 878 had the isles seen such all-consuming power. The whole of Europe fell prey to Manowar with the "Spectacle Of Might" tour as the band slashed and burned their way across the Continent in support of their forth album, "Sign Of The Hammer." It was then that Manowar entered the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's loudest band.

RAAAAWWWWKKKK!!!

oh yeah and I think Explosions in the Sky is the loudest band I've ever seen...although City of Caterpillar, Ex Models and An Albatross all came close.
Manowar, oh Manowar.  The guy at Thunderdome knows their engineer.  When they did the Guiness record they had no audience, just a huge PA in an empty field.  Kind of defeats the point, but still I have heard they are extremely loud.

jpbelmondo

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2004, 07:23:00 pm »
MBV in 91 ranks up there among the loudest I've heard, a  complete wall of noise, but the Butthole Surfers opening for the DKs in 85 at WUST is the only time I recall having to go to the back of a venue to be able to stand the volume.