Author Topic: BigYawn.net - RIP?  (Read 2455 times)

redsock

Re: BigYawn.net - RIP?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 05:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Get over it Redsock -- Asian chicks are sooooo passe.  Latinas are the arm candy du jour.
I have a friend who thinks I suffer from "yellow fever" cause my last two girlfriends were asian, but that was completely coincidental. Lots of blonds, redheads and the like had turned me down in the meantime. Sides, Asian families are almost too much to handle.

And no, I don't believe there is any drama abound here. Certainly not from me.

But thanks GGW, I am over it, as they say. You can't hide from life forever.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 05:43:00 pm »
"Yeah, l've got a beautiful new Asian girlfriend. She comes over and hangs around for days in my bed."
_\|/_

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 05:58:00 pm »
yeah, but what about any blonde redheads?

• my blog
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 06:06:00 pm »
What about Catherine Wheel?
_\|/_

Vas Deferens

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 06:39:00 pm »
Out of curiousity, I just listened to them and...umm, not my cup of tea.

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  So are you still dating Exit Clov?
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 07:20:00 pm »
Looking forward to seeing them again opening for Gang Gang dance. They've put on great shows all four or five times I've seen them although that Iota show was one of the weirdest I've been to due mainly to the crowd.
احمد

redsock

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 10:01:00 am »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  Looking forward to seeing them again opening for Gang Gang dance. They've put on great shows all four or five times I've seen them although that Iota show was one of the weirdest I've been to due mainly to the crowd.
I'm actually more looking forward to the upcoming Iota show, but only cause I know the kids in the Eames Era and happen to like their stuff too. Beanstalk Library is good too.

Not sure which Iota show you are referring too, but their crowds are never that weird. Though you do tend to just get some Clarendon types looking to just drink and not listen there.

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 11:14:00 am »
I've never understood why people will pay the $10-$15 cover charge if all they are there to do is drink. It's not like Iota is the only bar in that area, and it's not like the place is typically frequented by scores of hot women.

Originally posted by redsock:

Originally posted by azaghal1981:
I'm actually more looking forward to the upcoming Iota show, but only cause I know the kids in the Eames Era and happen to like their stuff too. Beanstalk Library is good too.

Not sure which Iota show you are referring too, but their crowds are never that weird. Though you do tend to just get some Clarendon types looking to just drink and not listen there. [/b]

azaghal1981

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 01:35:00 pm »
I think it was the most recent one. The one where they played that Gram Parsons cover. It seemed like the majority of the people there just paid the cover in order to drink.

Originally posted by redsock:
 Not sure which Iota show you are referring too, but their crowds are never that weird. Though you do tend to just get some Clarendon types looking to just drink and not listen there. [/QB]
احمد

• my blog
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 05:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  I've never understood why people will pay the $10-$15 cover charge if all they are there to do is drink.
[/QB][/QUOTE]

there are many, many people for whom a band is mainly an excuse for socializing.   I don't get it either, and they're annoying as hell, but anybody who pays a cover charge and keeps local bands and clubs going isn't such a bad thing.
_\|/_