Author Topic: FUEL 10.19.03  (Read 3562 times)

Shadrach

Re: FUEL 10.19.03
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2003, 02:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:

Originally posted by Shadrach:
  []That list of bands includes a few that are far from Nu Metal
YAY!!!!!

I posted some egregious enough to get Shadrach back. Where have you been? [/b]
I think I'm just slightly north of "lurker" status. I probably wouldn't have even posted at all if they hadn't included Clutch in that list.

RonniStar

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2003, 11:45:00 pm »
I don't think its fair to put Fuel in the same category as Korn, Orgy, Deftones, VOD. The people at allmusic needs a better staff in matching bands and their genres.

TheNomad

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2003, 04:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by Shadrach:

Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:

Originally posted by JenR:
  ok care to clue me in on why you all seem to hate fuel? i dont post on here on a regular basis
from allmusic:

Similar Artists: Athenaeum  Limp Bizkit  Days of the New  Rammstein  Vision of Disorder  Seven Mary Three  Korn  Stabbing Westward  Deftones  Clutch  The Flys  The Offspring  Marvelous 3  Orgy  Godsmack  VAST  Living End  Lit  Creed  Black Lab  Marcy Play

Now not wanting to appear elitist, but friends dont let friends listen to nu metal. Nu metal fans, so it would seem, dont actually like music.

Actually if your patient I am sure someone with similar interests as you will post on here and defend you. The regulars will, however, deride you in the mean time. It's is entertainment that fulfills our tepid lives.

If you really liked music you would go and see the high strung at the velvet lounge tomorrow. I an sure there will be no turntables on stage. [/b]
That list of bands includes a few that are far from Nu Metal, most noticably Rammstein, Marcy Playground and the greatest rock band currently playing, Clutch. [/b]
I am Clutch and in life Clutch is everything!

Anyone a big enough hockey fan to know the reference?

paige

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2003, 07:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by RonniStar:
  I don't think its fair to put Fuel in the same category as Korn, Orgy, Deftones, VOD. The people at allmusic needs a better staff in matching bands and their genres.
Because the Deftones are actually talented... beyond the horrible tag of "nu metal," derivative music and rehashed lyrics album after album.

allmusic sucks at relating bands!!! Rammstein - German hardcore metal something-or-other; the Living End - Australian bratty punk with a catchy twist... the relationhip?